BCBS Commission Replacement Question

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a client who has a bcbs plan right now on the exchange through a different agent. He's is coming to me because his agent doesn't return his calls and I'm going to put him on a different bcbs plan on the exchange. How would commission's work on this?

I have a client who has a bcbs plan right now on the exchange through a different agent. He's is coming to me because his agent doesn't return his calls and I'm going to put him on a different bcbs plan on the exchange. How would commission's work on this?

If he bought the plan before Open Enrollment ended on 2/28/2016, you would get commissions on the new plan.

Though I'm Not sure if it would be FIRST YEAR for you, or just a continuation of that BCBS-IL policyholder commission that was already being generated for the agent who isn't calling this client back.

I'm not sure if it would be a new contract or not either. Best bet is via new OE or SEP app. You may get less than 1st yr $ - but at least you'll get a new referral source, which can very very valuable. 1/2 my grps started as referrals from U65 clients

Back