BCBS IL Future Renewls

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
BCBS I know if we enroll a special enrollment we don't get paid 1st year what about renewals will that be at 0% to or will they pay on renewals on the policy. I didn't see that.

BCBS I know if we enroll a special enrollment we don't get paid 1st year what about renewals will that be at 0% to or will they pay on renewals on the policy. I didn't see that.

good question......I did a sep plan today for a fb friend.......

I spoke to my rep today and they said yes they will pay renewals.

That's interesting.

VERY interesting.

That implies that BCBSIL will be paying something in 2017.

If Sam's Agent Representative is correct, that's good news since BCBSIL renewals are (currently) 6% for years 2 and 3 of the customer having a BCBSIL plan and 4% thereafter.

But as we know from recent experiences, new comp plans can be implemented on a whim, with little advance notice.

EDIT TO ADD: I just reviewed the latest BCBSIL.com commission schedule, dated April 1, 2016. It is attached to this post. As you see, the schedule shows 0% commission from now to infinity on all Under-65 Major Medical plans effective on or after April 1, 2016. At this point, that includes plans sold during 2017 Open Enrollment.

Bummer! :mad:

Attachments

• BCBSIL.CommissionSchedule.Eff-4.1.2016.pdf
    94.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
If Sam's Agent Representative is correct, that's good news since BCBSIL renewals are (currently) 6% for years 2 and 3 of the customer having a BCBSIL plan and 4% thereafter.

But as we know from recent experiences, new comp plans can be implemented on a whim, with little advance notice.

EDIT TO ADD: I just reviewed the latest BCBSIL.com commission schedule, dated April 1, 2016. It is attached to this post. As you see, the schedule shows 0% commission from now to infinity on all Under-65 Major Medical plans effective on or after April 1, 2016. At this point, that includes plans sold during 2017 Open Enrollment.

Bummer! :mad:

We should rewrite this people at the open enrollment with a different plan and gain commission. I see this as the only way to be sure we'll get some money. On a P&C site, the workers compensation is same mess. I expect something like that here, with health insurance: low commissions, a lot of regulations, more and more control.

We should rewrite this people at the open enrollment with a different plan and gain commission. I see this as the only way to be sure we'll get some money. On a P&C site, the workers compensation is same mess. I expect something like that here, with health insurance: low commissions, a lot of regulations, more and more control.

I'm starting to get a gut feeling that none of the health insurers will pay commissions for 2017 Individual/Family Plan business, ARus. All of them are losing money on this sector.

With the exception of any new startups (like Bright Health), it would be foolish for money-losing carriers to pay us to enroll additional IFP customers.

I am lost a little bit with BCBS. Where I should go to see my clients' list? Can someone help me? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back