BCBS-IL Misc Info for 2018.

Perhaps the complaints against BCBS-IL have reached a point where an audit has been triggered..

"The Illinois Department of Insurance is investigating how Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois treats customers, for the first time since 1990.

The state's dominant insurer has gone unreviewed for nearly three decades. Such reviews generally examine how insurance companies pay claims, respond to consumer complaints and advertise, in order to ensure they comply with consumer-protection laws."

Full Article: http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...lue-cross-blue-shield-faces-rare-state-review

It's about time, I waste so much time dealing with BCBS problems...maybe 10% of my biz but 95% of my problems.

Perhaps the complaints against BCBS-IL have reached a point where an audit has been triggered..

"The Illinois Department of Insurance is investigating how Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois treats customers, for the first time since 1990.

The state's dominant insurer has gone unreviewed for nearly three decades. Such reviews generally examine how insurance companies pay claims, respond to consumer complaints and advertise, in order to ensure they comply with consumer-protection laws."

Full Article: http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...lue-cross-blue-shield-faces-rare-state-review

I rarely sold BCBS-IL before the metal plans were introduced, but from what I've heard from other agents, the company has been a pain in the butt for a decade or more.

98% of my 2017 IL U65 biz is with BCBS - about 400 people / families

There are issues / problems pretty often but really not very bad this year - and I'm yet to have them NOT deal with a problem the right way - tho you may have to call them several times. There's usually some info missing that's holding up a resolution - that they didn't communicate to client or me. Like SEP documentation etc.

They never reach out, you have to call & ask - and ask for supervisor if the 1st rep is unable to help. Seems like there are a lot of new phone reps in Cust Serv.

Also, my mgr will step in if I need another level, is responsive. Having a decent size book seems to help.

The biggest problem I have is people new to HMO not wanting to accept how it works - and that they can't see their out-of-network old Dr's and have it be covered. That's not a BCBS issue. Its an emotional one

Oh well...

Rate reviews has been published on hc.gov.
Individual:
BlueCare Direc: 38.21% up
Blue FocusCare: 9.28% up
Blue Precision HMO: 14.45% up
BlueChoice Preferred: 5.43% up
Ambetter: 15.31% up
Ambetter + Vision + Adult Dental: 15.72% up
Cigna, IL_IND_HMO: 37.65% up

Thanks for posting!

Not as bad as my fears. Too bad abt Precision tho... but not surprised as it has some expensive hosps like the NorthShore Grp.

I believe these may be changed if DC pulls the CSR $$

Rate reviews has been published on hc.gov.
Individual:
BlueCare Direc: 38.21% up
Blue FocusCare: 9.28% up
Blue Precision HMO: 14.45% up
BlueChoice Preferred: 5.43% up
Ambetter: 15.31% up
Ambetter + Vision + Adult Dental: 15.72% up
Cigna, IL_IND_HMO: 37.65% up

Like last year, those increases are probably state averages. Some areas of Illinois are higher, and some are lower. Hopefully the PPO/HMO networks do not shrink again.

Which Chicago collar county is it that will only have 1 carrier?

Back