BCBSIL Axing Commissions 2017?

Mine is 50% of normal. That hurts! Sam, you can see the statement before Blue Cross officially announces that it's ready, by logging in a clicking on the "Interactive Commission Reporting Tool" link, within the commissions section.

My guess is that the Senior, better-paid I.T. people took the buyout. Just the younger inexperienced folks are now running payroll. What a mess!

My old Boss used to PRAY (literally) that someone would shoot Obama when the ACA was phasing in. He saw how Obamacare was going to wreck the industry.. starting with Individual Plans.

Hopefully, Blue Cross will resolve this issue ASAP!

I believe it is because many people got their September invoice after 08/31/2016. Therefore invoices paid after the day can not be included in the current month commission statement.

I believe it is because many people got their September invoice after 08/31/2016. Therefore invoices paid after the day can not be included in the current month commission statement.

Was there a billing system glitch in july that prevented people from paying the august premium before 8.31.2016?? ill try calling them again friday.

Was there a billing system glitch in july that prevented people from paying the august premium before 8.31.2016?? ill try calling them again friday.
Yes, there was. They changed number for the credit card, and OrbiPay didn't work. Also, they didn't take automatic drafts on 1st, it was moved to 12. We had plenty of clients in a panic mode, unable to make payments. So I was expecting that there might be a surprise with commission.

So, we have news today with BCBS: some plans are out for 2017

News from yesterday with Aetna: no marketplace plans for Illinois. "in 2017, Aetna will be participating on the Exchanges in Delaware, Iowa, Nebraska and Virginia. With the exception Delaware as noted below, this communication addresses all other states in which Aetna will be participating off Exchange only. In these states, Aetna’s portfolio of available plans will be changing. This communication also applies to grandfathered members in Texas and Michigan. This does not impact AARP Essential Premier Health clients."

Not big loss, because Aetna doesn't pay commissions.

Let see what other companies will do?

ARus, here's a thread with good info on 2017 for Illinois.
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...th-insurance-information-2017-a-t80884-2.html

I've also read that CIGNA has changed it's mind and will not offer IFP in Illinois for 2017.

BTW.. regarding BCBS-IL commissions, I verified that it was a Billing Method change that was put in place in August that caused a lot of confusion, like Precnik stated. Still not sure exactly what the change was, but I noticed that a lot of people paid August Premiums back in July...which is why they were not on this most recent (August) commissions statement, issued on 9.22.2016.

ARus, here's a thread with good info on 2017 for Illinois.
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...th-insurance-information-2017-a-t80884-2.html

I've also read that CIGNA has changed it's mind and will not offer IFP in Illinois for 2017.

BTW.. regarding BCBS-IL commissions, I verified that it was a Billing Method change that was put in place in August that caused a lot of confusion, like Precnik stated. Still not sure exactly what the change was, but I noticed that a lot of people paid August Premiums back in July...which is why they were not on this most recent (August) commissions statement, issued on 9.22.2016.

Can't find any info about it. Threads are old?

Back