BCBSIL Axing Commissions 2017?

I'm going to give the TX answers ;)

1. Current clients will be paid on the 6-6-6-4(3? AC-do you have the schedule that was prior to 4/1?) scale. On the lowest premium.

Yep, it's 6-6-6-4-4-4-to infinity for 2014/2015/2016 clients.

Are there any work-a-rounds for clients who enrolled in BCBS due to special enrollment periods in 2016? Meaning, any clients who joined BCBS in 2016 due to special enrollment - BCBS will not be paying commission to brokers for these clients.

I heard some brokers were re-writing policy under spouses name but I am not sure I want to do all the work for something that might not work?

I assume the only way to continue getting commission in these scenarios is to move them to another carrier.....in downstate IL that leaves only Health Alliance (through the marketplace).

Feeling defeated......

Are there any work-a-rounds for clients who enrolled in BCBS due to special enrollment periods in 2016? Meaning, any clients who joined BCBS in 2016 due to special enrollment - BCBS will not be paying commission to brokers for these clients.

I heard some brokers were re-writing policy under spouses name but I am not sure I want to do all the work for something that might not work?

I assume the only way to continue getting commission in these scenarios is to move them to another carrier.....in downstate IL that leaves only Health Alliance (through the marketplace).

Feeling defeated......

My understanding is that there are no workarounds. The spouse thing may work, but I doubt it.

It is what it is.

Ask a Tennessee or Pennsylvania agent what they think. They would be happy with the 3/4/5, even if we get 0 on SEP's. They are getting nothing for OEP.

Chin up. We are 96 hours away.

Yes, there doesn't appear to be any workarounds. I just hate the fact that we enrolled a handful of clients (due to special enrollment in 2016) with BCBS and now we will not get paid for it. Now the only option is to stay with BCBS or move to Health Alliance (still don't know what the rates are with them on/off the marketplace). We only have 2 options down here through the marketplace. (really only two through the private exchange - Coventry is a 3rd option off the exchange but they are priced extremely high and basically a non-option.)

I've been getting paid well - AFTER drilling thru BAP, notes & apps and alerting them of the 75 or so missing cases from the commission statement.

Check your commission statements! Yes it a pain but my monthly $ went up $9K!!!

Better than being ripped off! I busted my butt all of last yr to make '17 successful. Newsletters, new website, calls - anything I could think of.

The fight for 2018 is next - am diversifying as fast as possible to minimize my reliance on the Indiv market.

We'll see... the entire Fed Gov't is clueless. They fired anyone that was knowledgeable - and the ins. co's seem like they wouldn't mind getting out of the IFP biz.

Back