BCBSofIL Agent Info Not on the Apps

Pancur

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
IL
In the last three weeks I called BCBS of IL many times with questions about on-exchange application. The problem was that they could not tell me anything because I was not on the applications.... I was told that they manually enter the information into the system. However, every time I called I was told that they are working on October 24-25. So it looks like they've been stuck on the same day for 3 weeks...??
In Retail Producer Portal (RPP) I can see them all but they are all in "submitted status". Additionally some of my off-exchange 2014 apps are not showing up at all in RPP. I received email after the apps were submitted confirming me as agent but no data in RPP.
Do you guys have similar experience?

In the last three weeks I called BCBS of IL many times with questions about on-exchange application. The problem was that they could not tell me anything because I was not on the applications.... I was told that they manually enter the information into the system. However, every time I called I was told that they are working on October 24-25. So it looks like they've been stuck on the same day for 3 weeks...??
In Retail Producer Portal (RPP) I can see them all but they are all in "submitted status". Additionally some of my off-exchange 2014 apps are not showing up at all in RPP. I received email after the apps were submitted confirming me as agent but no data in RPP.
Do you guys have similar experience?

Pancur, my 3 off-exchange apps are showing in the BCBS-IL Agent section as on-exchange, with "Submitted" status, just like you. Even though the clients paid using automatic checking debit, their accounts have not been debited. On-Exchange aren't showing at all.

I've called Producer Services. After the third try over a 5 day period, I waited on hold 20 minutes before a live person finally answered. She said that they could not find me in their system as being FFM trained/certified, even though I submitted the proper paperwork way back on October 30th. So I resubmitted the required forms last week. This week, I've been unable to reach Producer Services at all...even after 30 minutes of listening to the on-hold music via speakerphone.

Our agency owner spoke with one of his higher-up contacts who said that BCBS-IL has moved a big chunk of it's Producer Services staff over to a department for tracking down applicant info due to so many applications arriving from the Exchange with missing and incorrect information. Due to the MLR 80/20 restrictions, BCBS-IL has to be very "frugal" on the administrative side. Rather than hire temp workers to process the bad applications, they have to draw from other areas of the company. Apparently, agent services are being placed at an even lower priority than usual.
-Allen

This is such Bull Sh*t! This is why I have been holding off submitting apps on the exchange.

Back