CIGNA Selling IFP In Illinois 2017

Based on what I see Cigna is blowing away BCBS. I only checked in Dupage but their rates are a lot cheaper.

Where you are going to check?

Healthcare.gov has the 2017 plans/premiums available now. I checked CIGNA for network adequacy and see that ONLY FOUR (4) Chicago hospitals are in their network. Not acceptable, regardless of price.

Here is Cigna's Medical Provider Lookup Tool.
https://ifphcpdir.cigna.com/web/public/ifpproviders
(Illinois is using Cigna's "Connect" HMO network)

Premiums for BCBS-IL are through the roof, but the company has the largest medical network, between the 3 that are available for COOK in 2017.(BCBS/Ambetter/CIGNA)

Actually, there is a lot more you have to keep scrolling Northwestern, Loretto, SWEDISH COVENANT HOSPITAL, PRESENCE SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL I stopped scrolling.

Actually, there is a lot more you have to keep scrolling Northwestern, Loretto, SWEDISH COVENANT HOSPITAL, PRESENCE SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL I stopped scrolling.

check Again Sam. Only eight hospitals within 20 miles of ZIP code 60606, the heart of downtown Chicago. you have to specify that it is the Cigna Connect HMO to get accurate results.

check Again Sam. Only eight hospitals within 20 miles of ZIP code 60606, the heart of downtown Chicago. you have to specify that it is the Cigna Connect HMO to get accurate results.

Allen is right. Other hospitals like Northshore HealthSystem, Advocate, Swedish are only covered with specific facility type, and from what I see, for all of them it is "Mental Health & Chemical Dependency". So general hospitals are not in network, except Presence and Alexian Brothers

Just got an email from Cigna. 2017 Commissions will be 0%. :mad:

Well that's a relief. The CIGNA HMO network is so bad in N.E. Illinois, that I don't even want to consider adding that company to my portfolio. Now, CIGNA is definitely off the table.

Have an AMBETTER webinar tomorrow morning. But their HMO network in N.E. Illinois is about the same as CIGNA's, from what I can tell.

At this point, it looks like only BCBS-IL for me.

Well that's a relief. The CIGNA HMO network is so bad in N.E. Illinois, that I don't even want to consider adding that company to my portfolio. Now, CIGNA is definitely off the table.

Have an AMBETTER webinar tomorrow morning. But their HMO network in N.E. Illinois is about the same as CIGNA's, from what I can tell.

At this point, it looks like only BCBS-IL for me.
I would add to that Cigna/AmBetter, BlueCare Focus plan. It looks they are in the same category.

Back