Disputing Medical Bills (URGENT)

johnnyburns527

Hi Everyone,

I am responsible for caring for my elderly relative, who is sick and in need of constant attention. As of late, the medical bills and procedures have significantly increased. Unfortunately, I am getting incredibly fatigued and frustrated. On top of all of this, I believe the medical bills of the individual are incorrect and more than what they should be.

I really don't have the time or energy to solve this. I was wondering if anyone knew of a respected company that could accurately find these mistakes and save me much need money.

Thanks

^----------------------And this is how you give agents a bad name in the view of the public eye.

YouGotMyMoney...if you're not here to help then piss off.

Op, you are in IL. You need an agent that specializes in over 65 coverage in that state provided that is where the elder lives.

Further, you can call the carrier for the medical plan and inquire about the costs being billed.

Now if you want a professional to step in, realize that there is a cost for their time. Expecting those services for free is ludicrous.

There are Nonprofits out there that may be able to help at little or no costs to you but that basically outlines your options.

Option A
Do it on your own.

Option B
Get a Patient advocate involved. (Most are non profit)

Option C
Get a licensed agent who specializes in this industry involved.

Hope this helps and don't mind YouGotMyMoney we're not all cut from the same cloth

Last edited:
elderly relative

Define elderly.

Medicare coverage or Obamacare? Original Medicare, supplement or Advantage? Obamacare bought with the help of a local agent or through hc.gov?

I believe the medical bills of the individual are incorrect and more than what they should be.

How did you arrive at this conclusion? Have you looked at the EOB's and compared to provider billing?

Finally, if you want outside assistance ask Dr Google about "patient medical claim assistance". You will have a host of options.

Do you guys have a little alarm that goes off when there's a post in the Illinois forum? I'm amazed that you noticed JohnnyBurns527s' message, but thankful that a couple of you responded properly.

I'm hoping that he responds with answers to Somarco's questions. Maybe I can help JB527 if he does.

AC, I never noticed where it was posted. I just noted a new post asking for claim help. I always scan those posts to see if it appears real or not.

Valid requests for help usually happen because the poster does not understand the system.

AC, I never noticed where it was posted. I just noted a new post asking for claim help. I always scan those posts to see if it appears real or not.

Valid requests for help usually happen because the poster does not understand the system.

I reached out by PM yesterday, OP hasn't responded back. I believe this is a consumer who doesn't understand the system and how to put the puzzle pieces together. I am seeing more and more of these in my agency these days specifically related to non-par provider issues. I made it clear that I will not get involved for less than 10k in claims. Regardless I help or someone else does I hope the OP gets some clarity from the situation.

Back