Does Land of Lincoln H Accept New Groups?

ARus

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Illinois
I tried to quote a small group and call them, but the phone menu has option for cancelling groups, not enrolling new groups. It probably means they don't accept new business at all?

Yep..Small Group enrollments are not accepted at this time:

"Land of Lincoln Health is pleased to announce that we have met our membership goal for this year’s Open Enrollment period which means our individual and small group plans are no longer available for purchase. We greatly appreciate the interest in our plans and are excited to welcome new and renewing members to the Land of Lincoln Health family for 2016!

Currently, Brokers can quote large group business, renew small group business, and perform benefit maintenance for your off exchange clients through our Benefit Administration Portal. For members enrolled through the Marketplace, they’ll need to contact the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 for any post-enrollment changes.

If you have any questions, you can call our Broker Services Team at 844-674-3840."

Source: https://www.landoflincolnhealth.org/brokers/quoting-information/

I heard that all individual business like not be renews as of 01-01-2017. That means that Land of Lincoln will be out of business next OEP.

I heard that all individual business like not be renews as of 01-01-2017. That means that Land of Lincoln will be out of business next OEP.

In June 23rd article I linked to in yesterday's post, the CEO of Land of Lincoln says that the company "intends" to stay in the individual market for 2017.

What bugs me is that group business is profitable business for virtually every health insurer in America. If LOLH is losing so much money on group business that it has to cancel all of them (800 companies), how can it even dream of staying in the individual health insurance market?

Something's fishy don't cha think? :skeptical:

Very Fishy. My GA just called and said we need to move are group business asap. She mentioned that LLH will not pay out commission after Oct of this year for groups? We have a handful of indy policies with them. (Liked the PHCS network.) That only really leaves us with Health Alliance and BCBS on the group side for fully funded options....slim pickens!

Very Fishy. My GA just called and said we need to move are group business asap. She mentioned that LLH will not pay out commission after Oct of this year for groups? We have a handful of indy policies with them. (Liked the PHCS network.) That only really leaves us with Health Alliance and BCBS on the group side for fully funded options....slim pickens!

So , who're the players:GEEK: for 2017 in IL?

Back