Harken Health Opening In Chicago for 2016

Anyone able to get into the 9:30am Harken Health webinar? I get a system error. Can't get in using Firefox or IE or Edge.

Next I called Harken Health sales coordinator Jaizon Plaga @ 1.312.348.6200 listed on the invite e-mail, but his mailbox was full.

Next, I called Harken Health directly, using the phone number on www.HarkenHealth.com and was directed to United Health One, with a recording stating that the Hold Time was greater than 30 minutes.

I get the sense that there's quite a scramble of some sorts at United Health and the subsidiary companies.

allen

----------

Harken e-mailed me to say that there was a problem with the Webinar host. They'll try again on Thursday 11/19 @ 9:30am (CST).

The more I learn about their plans, the more I like them for Chicago people whose doctors/hospitals aren't accepting the new Blue Cross limited PPO.

I had to listen by phone today, due the Webinar system error issue re-occuring.

Send an e-mail to Haley at: [email protected] . (I know, it's an unconventional e-mail address, but it works.) Haley will send you a brief 8:00minute broker orientation video, with instructions on how to become appointed. This video contains a "secret passphrase". You then call United Health Broker services, give them the Secret Passphrase, and in less than 3 minutes, UHC will have you contracted with Harken Health, and their products will show up in your UHC e-store..

BTW...The presenter today verified that Harken Health is NOT reducing commissions like it's parent company, United Healthcare. Not at this time anyway.

-Allen

Their Provider Directory is only for Illinois. Anybody knows for sure how they will work outside of the state? I would like to confirm if they will utilize UHC Choice network, and for example if Mayo Clinic is in it.

Their Provider Directory is only for Illinois. Anybody knows for sure how they will work outside of the state? I would like to confirm if they will utilize UHC Choice network, and for example if Mayo Clinic is in it.

Harken said on the Webinar last week that they're utilizing the UHC Compass network as their Tier-2 provider nationwide.

Here is the Compass network website for performing searches:
https://connect.werally.com/

Hmmm... Click the Insurance tab of the HarkenHealth homepage, and right near the top it says:

"NATIONWIDE COVERAGE - Plans provide access to approximately 850,000 physicians and care professionals and 6,100 hospitals and other care facilities nationwide."

That makes it sound like out-of-state access includes the broad UHC national PPO network.

Last edited:
Friday, Jan. 29, 2016 Harken Direct: OFF-EXCHANGE FYI:

Found out today while helping my first Off-Exchange client enroll with Harken that their online enrollment form has no place for entering the assisting broker's identifying information.

I e-mailed Harken support about this and they responded in less than an hour. It turns out that the capability of attaching off-exchange clients to their personal agent does not yet exist.

But, a system is being completed which will allow us (brokers) to be AOR for new off-exchange Harken enrollees, and connect ourselves to clients who have already enrolled with Harken.

April 13, 2016

Haken is losing so much money that it has now joined the 0% commission bandwagon here in Illinois. I don't think there are any health insurance companies paying commissions for Illinois individual policies after the June 1st effective date?

Excerpt from today's e-mail:

" Beginning with 7/1/16 new business effective dates for our individual product, both on and off exchange, we will reduce agent commission in Chicago to 0% and in Atlanta to 2%. These commission changes only impact new Harken Health individual policies written with 7/1/16 effective dates and beyond. Existing Harken Health individual policies with January 1, 2016 - June 1, 2016 effective dates will continue to receive the current commission levels. This is one of several things we're doing to make sure our business will be sustainable for our members.

We'll continue to evaluate our commission structure going forward and communicate changes to you when they are available.

Thank you for assisting us with the launch of Harken Health.

With respect,

Marcus Robinson
VP of Sales, Harken Health "

April 19, 2016

It's interesting that Harken will still offer Individual Family Plans in Cook county for 2017. It's parent company, United Healthcare, announced today that it's leaving most states because it will lose $1 Billion dollars over 2015/2016.

"The Minnetonka, Minn., company also launched an independent insurance company last year called Harken Health, which sells ACA plans in only two cities, Chicago and Atlanta. Members receive unlimited free primary care visits at clinics operated by Harken.

Maria Gordon Shydlo, a UnitedHealthcare spokeswoman, confirmed that Harken will continue selling plans in Chicago next year."

SOURCE: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-united-healthcare-obamacare-0420-biz-20160419-story.html

With reasonable premiums, $0 Copay for physician visits, and the largest PPO network in the country, you'd think that Harken would have attracted a ton of expensive customer-patients..and would exit Illinois, even if UHC stayed.

Latest posts

Back