Health Alliance Products

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
Has anybody worked with them for individual and what is their commission schedule and are they captive?

They have 3 tier 2016 commission schedule:
Tier 1 1-49 NB:$12 PMPM Ren:$6 PMPM
Tier 2 50-99 NB:$18 PMPM Ren:$6 PMPM
Tier 3 100+ NB:$25 PMPM Ren:$6 PMPM

But it seems like it will be a huge problem with hospitals accepting this plan.

I just came up against these Health Alliance plans for the first time tonight, while working with Blue PPO clients in the Sycamore/DeKalb Zip 60112 vicinity.

Health Alliance is having the same effect of reducing the subsidy for people in that area that Ambetter is having in Chicago/Cook Co., because they have the lowest priced plans out that way. Much lower than BCBSIL or LOLH.

There are 12 plans... PPO, HMO and POS. I don't yet know how extensive the physician network is, and their Provider Lookup site is at best "wonky". Sometimes it says there are several local hospitals. A few minutes later, it says there are 0 hospitals within 20 miles. And no wonder why.. take a look at their online Provider Directory. I've never seen one with so many options.

LINK: Health Alliance | Provider Search

ac

11/22/2015

For those of you with clients/prospects who may be tempted by the low premiums shown by Health Alliance, please keep these items in mind, and advise accordingly...

1. The Health Link nationwide PPO severed its ties with Health Alliance earlier this year. I'm not sure if Health Link was their primary medical network.

Ref: https://www.healthlink.com/health_alliance_index.asp

2. The Northwestern Medicine group, which is composed of Central DuPage hospital and Delnor hospital, has restricted acceptance of Health Alliance health insurance.

Ref: Exchange Plans 2016 - Managed Care - Northwestern Medicine

3. Jeff Ingrum, longtime president and CEO of Health Alliance Medical Plans, has resigned, effective November 18, 2015.

Ref: Health Alliance CEO resigning | News-Gazette.com

ac

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I had forgotten all about Health Alliance, since I didn't write any for 2016. They have apparently filed to offer 2017 plans on the Exchange, but there's some conflict between the State of Illinois/Health Alliance/CMS.

What do you make of this letter from the IL Dept of Insurance to CMS/CCIO?

Link: http://insurance.illinois.gov/newsrls/2016/10/HealthAlliance2017Filings.pdf

From the Chicago area, last year they were in Will and Kendall counties, as far I can recall. This year I do not see them on hc.gov.

Back