IL: Getting Ready for 2016

Supposedly, plans that are requesting less than a 10% increase for 2016 are not listed. If that is the reason why Land of Lincoln is not on the list, they'll be SWAMPED with new business to process this Fall.

The only problem I've had problem paid with them.

Yes, LOLH pays differently than what we're used to. Has much to do with subsidy being separate from the insured's premium payment. When I learn more about their pattern/rules, I'll post it in the Land of Lincoln Health thread.

When I tried to get LOL they never called back. It was not that big of a deal last year, but this year it might. I need to get them it looks like.

When I tried to get LOL they never called back. It was not that big of a deal last year, but this year it might. I need to get them it looks like.

Post #5 in the "Land of Lincoln" thread has contracting and contact info if that's what you're looking for, CoachD.

June 19, 2015

Some incredible 2016 health insurance benefit cuts proposed for state of IL employees..

Excerpt:
"Increasing the employee premium contribution from 19% to 40% puts Illinois outside the norm of other states. The national average for state employee premium contributions is 16%.

Rauner also wants to lower the insurance plan’s value and institute massive cost shifting onto employees through high out of pocket costs. The Administration is proposing a health plan with a 60% actuarial value. This means that on average, the health plan will pay 60% of allowable health care expenses, with the employee paying 40% of the cost through deductibles, copays and co-insurance.

The current actuarial value of the Illinois group health plan is 93%. This mirrors state employee group insurance plans in other states. The average state government health plan nationwide had an actuarial value of 92% in 2013; the Midwest average is 93%.

Full Story: Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » AFSCME: Rauner wants “two radical changes” to group insurance

So IL employees will understand what most employees at private companies deal with. Interesting.

As with everything else in Illinois, it looks like the individual health insurance market is about to get screwed as well.

1. Number of available choices for 2016 are shrinking... Humana and Assurant are gone.

2. Largest Carrier, Blue Cross, is getting rid of the Wide PPO Network. All that will be available is Blue Choice and HMO.

3. The Blue Cross plans that remain for 2016 will see a 29% to 38% premium increase.

4. Blue Cross is cancelling all the Grandmothered/Transitional Plans (those effective between 3.23.2010 and 12.31.2013) on 12/31/2015.

I wonder if having a new Republican governor this year has anything to do with any of these big changes coming our way? It would be nice if Gov Rauner would force Land of Lincoln to show it's hand (premiums/ plans) for 2016. They're the biggest unknown at this point.

Back