Illinois's ABE Exchange-Marketplace

A, Illinois is awful. They're going to integrate this into an existing web portal? Good luck.

B, buried at the end of the article: A survey found that 90% of US consumers don't know the exchanges open Oct. 1st. 22% thought the exchanges were already open.

LO-freaking-L. If people don't know when they open, they're not going to know about the mandatory coverage aspect either.

I'm surprised 10% of people knew the exchanges open 10/1. I didn't know that many people worked in the insurance industry.

It's frustrating when you get e-mails like the one below from Blue Cross of Illinois announcing a special webinar later this month. Frustrating because whenever you call and ask what will happen with current individual-plan clients and those that you will write this year, BCBS-IL agent "support" KNOWS NOTHING.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dear Valued Producer,
Please join BCBSIL as we educate you our producer community on the Producer Tool Kit. This toolkit is a comprehensive suite of materials and resources to aid producers in communicating the Affordable Care Act to your clients. It will be provided in presentation format so you may customize, co-brand it and share it with yourr customers.

C.E. will only be available if you are logged in using the Web Ex link provided for a minimum of 50 minutes. Pending DOI approval.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Topic:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Producer Tool Kit [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The following topics will be covered during our Producer Tool Kit presentation...[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    • ACA Overview
    • Exchange/Marketplace Overview
    • Taxes, Subsidies, Fees and Penalties
    • Navigator Program
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Featured Speakers:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Laura Squires – Local Group and Exchange Consultant[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Susan Kelly – Marketing Project Consultant [/FONT]
------------------------------------------------snip----------------------------------------

Well, this "VALUED" producer would like to be told information that affects me before 2014, with CURRENT CLIENTS... not some ABE Exchange 101 entry-level lecturing.

:skeptical:ac

Re: Illinois' ABE Exchange-Marketplace

I don't usually start a thread about something as mundane as the name chosen for a State Exchange, but I (and anyone else) can use this thread to add ongoing news related to ABE's implementation, use and ultimate demise.

Story announcing the ABE Illinois Exchange-Marketplace: Benefits site named 'ABE' after Illinois' favorite son - Chicago Tribune

-Allen
You mean they didn't call it Barack? With Chicago politics running the state, I am very surprised!

Back