Land Of Lincoln

What you are saying is also not the same.
We should do not forget that LOLH went belly up because the company was promised money from the government and didn't recieve this money, either a loan because of many circumstances/factors on state and fed level. The biggest Part of the reason is exactly this fund LOLH should contribute to. My opinion is that this fund is exactly for purpose like this one.
Last year LOLH didn't show so bad indications based on the available public information (in this forum as well). I was pretty confident when offering their product.
When the transparency is missing, should be a protection in place. The local government should ask for transparency if they aren't ready to back up situations like this one.

Do not understand your comment. I was responding to the issue of other carriers and/or the state guarantee fund picking-up the OOPs for people who will need to migrate to new plans and re-start their OOPs.

Do not understand your comment. I was responding to the issue of other carriers and/or the state guarantee fund picking-up the OOPs for people who will need to migrate to new plans and re-start their OOPs.

Briefly said: the state should help new deductibles and out of pocket to be waved.
Consumers didn't buy LOLH insurance because they knew it will go belly up, but because there weren't transparency about company's financial status. The State is one responsible for this as well.
So why they should help with risk pool funds in this situation.

Back