Land Of Lincoln

Email today saying that the broker portal is now live. Hopefully everybody received the email. It contained your username and password for logging in.

I don't have any e mail and obviously am appointed. What I should do? Call Monday. I have 30% from my business with them.

I had a client missing from the last commission statement. Sent a dual-addressed e-mail inquiry to [email protected] and [email protected] on March 10th.

Received a response today.. "We are extremely backed up, but working to get caught up on all broker requests. Thank-you for your patience."

Land of Lincoln Health is a really strange entity...The brochures are top quality, but other aspects of the company are simply absurd.

Have you seen the LOLH Face Book page? I happened to come across it last week by accident. Complaints were being posted faster than LOLH could delete them.

It's a shame, because when you look at their group photo, the employees and managers are everyday ordinary people who are simply trying to earn a living. The 3 that I've talked to have been nice...but extremely frustrated and flustered over upper management's inability to make LOLH run properly.

They're probably trying to run very lean to stay under the MLR, and are having issues. We've seen service decline at large, well-established carriers, so I imagine a startup is dying under the workload.

March 25, 2015

LOLH had a big turnaround this open-enrollment. At 50,000 members now, according their e-mail.

Story: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti...health-insurance-exchange-sees-big-turnaround

LOLH Video Announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVoleQZF70&feature=youtu.be

Keeping my fingers crossed that they can manage this explosion of new customers for the long term. A competitor to BCBSIL is a good thing!
ac

The biggest part of that story (IMO) was that they landed 25% of the new signups. That's huge.

But as YAgents pointed out in another thread, Cooportunity Health in Iowa lowered their premiums by 30%, enrolled about 150,000 people, and then went belly-up under the weight of claims that couldn't be paid.

LOLH was looking at Cooportunity's huge 2014 enrollment success, when the new 2015 premiums were set back in June 2014...which is why they are 20% to 30% less than Blue Cross. So, I wonder if LOLH is now concerned that they may have emulated their neighboring Iowa cooperative too closely.
:nah:

I doubt it. They didn't discount as much as it seemed at first, and I think they still have a lot more money in reserve due to the initial Obamafundingshot.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

LOLH had their second commission run of 2015 last night..paying on February's premiums. I have a few clients missing. Land of Lincoln says that there are mistakes.

They advise anyone with commission-related issues to send an e-mail to: [email protected]. If specific clients are involved, be sure to include the primary insured's name and Date of Birth. Expect a response within 3 to 5 business days.

Back