Access Money Tax Free?

Wow man you are an ***. All these standards are LEGAL and about not getting sued. Whether you are a fiduciary, or licensed, or selling something "suitable." It's all LEGAL.

It's funny how over confident you are. You think you are winning some argument while most people just feel bad for you. My guess is that you have an average amount of intelligence, realized at some point in your life that you were smarter than some people and took that to mean you are genuinely intelligent.

When DHK and SCAGENT get short with you that's pretty bad. Those guys help out a lot of people on this forum so that's another sign you are beyond help.
You guys are just desperate to summarily discard anybody who has anything bad to say about the products you people SELL. Why not just come out and say "I don't like Suzie Orman or Clark Howard because they have bad things to say about the products that I sell"?
When an insurance salesman gets short with me in an insurance salesman forum? WHO ARE YOU KIDDING? You SELL annuities. When someone challenges you it threatens your job and so you get hostile at all cost. You can't discuss the facts and so you resort to marginalizing.

LOL. So what are you attempting to imply? That because viewers haven't signed a contract with Suzie that what she says is nonsense and can't be trusted? Boy you are desperate! Good luck convincing anyone of that.

I was going through the comments and came across this gem.

Of course she is not a fiduciary to her audience Drifty.

Look at all of the misinformation and lies. Where do I begin. No SEPP was ever screwed up in the end. In fact I got misinformation I believe from YOU. I believe it was YOU who told me that my 1035 exchange would break the IRS SEPP rules. Wrong!

Clark Howard has no conflict of interest. He's a CONSUMER advocate. I'll trust him over any product pushing insurance salesman always.

Websites that have clear misinformation in them? I have no idea what you're even talking about. Sounds like I said something negative about the annuities that you SELL and this upset you.

When all you can do is marginalize someone with insults you have lost the debate and you are out of material. VA's the only terrible annuity? You are definitely an insurance salesman. Don't even get me started on FA's and IA's!
Suzie Orman always says to keep insurance as insurance and keep investments as investments. NEVER combine the two. Oh let me guess, you're gonna say that Suzie Orman is a consumer advocate and therefore she's not a fiduciary. Get lost!

First, you have no idea if the SEPP was messed up unless you get audited by the IRS. IRS documents clearly state that a 1035 breaks SEPP. You can believe what you want and who you want... hopefully you never get audited. Vanguard has no skin in the game if they are wrong. The liability falls on you and not them.

I cant remember the name of the website but it is the one you got that bond/S&P 500 chart from. I pointed out multiple innacuracies in it and you never once responded. (inaccuracies that you could have independently verified)

Your right, Suze Orman is not a Fiduciary. Neither is Clark Howard. Being a Fiduciary is more than just not having conflicts of interest, that is only a small part of it. It is about full disclosure and more importantly always acting in a prudent manner and in the best interest of the client. And the best interest is not the same for everyone.

As far as insults, you ignore facts when they are counter to your opinion. You have not attempted to have one logical unbiased discussion yet. All you do is tell people how right you are. I was simply pointing out the internet troll that you are.

And by the way, I am legally required to act as a Fiduciary with my corporate clients, which is about 25% of my current income. By the end of the year that number will be around 40%. Hopefully by the end of 2016 it will be around 75%. And guess what, as much as you claim I am anti market, most of that current 25% is invested in the market.

I am not bias towards any one investment. Diversification is key. I would never recommend someone be all in annuities, just like I would never recommend they be all in equities.

So as I have said before, you have no clue who you are speaking to, or what any of us do. Just because we feel that annuities do have a place in a retirement portfolio does not mean we think they are the end all be all.

Now to get back to the question at hand (which I answered for you without any condescension at all). Yes you are able to access Cash Values of life insurance on a tax free basis. Around 70% of the major national banks use the product as a tax advantaged safe investment for Tier 1 assets.

----------

You can't discuss the facts and so you resort to marginalizing.

You are the one who has repeatedly ignored facts when presented to you.

I never once was mean or condescending until YOU became condescending to others.

If you think you are the first person to not agree with the use of annuities then surprise, you are not. I have spoken to many people who did not like annuities and have always remained professional. But that professionalism stops when the other person becomes a condescending and disrespectful jerk.

The Fiduciary Standard is not the end all be all. Especially for middle class clients. Not because of the evil market and not because I do not believe it ultimately is the best solution. Now if you would like to restart and have a respectful conversation about the merits and drawbacks of using a Fiduciary Advisor then I am happy to do so.

It is amazing how disrespectful you are....

Your entire post is one big giant contradiction.

Of course she is not a fiduciary to her audience Drifty.
So what???? Who cares? There is no conflict of interest. That's the most important point. She's not trying to sell investments to her audience, unless all of you in this forum. That's why she is trusted. Got it?

So what???? Who cares? There is no conflict of interest. That's the most important point. She's not trying to sell investments to her audience, unless all of you in this forum. That's why she is trusted. Got it?

You're right, she is not selling investments...she did that for a while though. She is selling books, videos, "toolkits" and a bunch of other products.

None of these entertainers are doing anything for charity. Ramsey, Howard, Orman and others love to take a basic premise and apply it to everyone...that's just not how it works in the real world. It does, however, create publicity and a following, which is all of their objectives (so they can sell you stuff and sell advertising).

In our business, people have different risk tolerances, objectives, and goals. What's right for one isn't right for another. Taxes, protection, and personality all enter into the equation.

The reason why everyone is refuting your comments is because while what you're doing might be PERFECT for your circumstances, the same cannot be said for everyone.

You seemed to be attracted to the tax benefits of cash value life insurance. Almost all of the financial entertainers will tell you that using insurance for income/cash value is ridiculous...and yet banks, institutions, and high net worth individuals/families all find value in doing so.

Different strokes, that's all.

In our business, people have different risk tolerances, objectives, and goals. What's right for one isn't right for another. Taxes, protection, and personality all enter into the equation.

Exactly. If a Fiduciary Advisor recommended the same thing for every client they would lose their license. (assuming the regulators know they are doing that)

Last edited:
You're right, she is not selling investments...she did that for a while though. She is selling books, videos, "toolkits" and a bunch of other products.

None of these entertainers are doing anything for charity. Ramsey, Howard, Orman and others love to take a basic premise and apply it to everyone...that's just not how it works in the real world. It does, however, create publicity and a following, which is all of their objectives (so they can sell you stuff and sell advertising).

The reason why everyone is refuting your comments is because while what you're doing might be PERFECT for your circumstances, the same cannot be said for everyone.

You seemed to be attracted to the tax benefits of cash value life insurance. Almost all of the financial entertainers will tell you that using insurance for income/cash value is ridiculous...and yet banks, institutions, and high net worth individuals/families all find value in doing so.

Different strokes, that's all.
She is selling books. So what! How does that make her biased when she trashes your insurance products.

You've sure got a list of people who you summarily dismiss in a knee jerk. How is Dave Ramsey biased in his slamming of insurance investment products? How about Ric Edelman? He doesn't like annuities either. Bob Brinker? Is he biased in some way too?

The reason why everyone is refuting my comments is because you guys all sell annuities for a living. If exposed you lose business. Plain and simple.

She is selling books. So what! How does that make her biased when she trashes your insurance products.

You've sure got a list of people who you summarily dismiss in a knee jerk. How is Dave Ramsey biased in his slamming of insurance investment products? How about Ric Edelman? He doesn't like annuities either. Bob Brinker? Is he biased in some way too?

The reason why everyone is refuting my comments is because you guys all sell annuities for a living. If exposed you lose business. Plain and simple.

I'm not dismissing anyone. Just making the point that they are trying to make money and not giving advice out of the goodness of their hearts. Controversy helps them make a living.

Educate yourself, Drifting....look at the primary investment vehicle for this strategy from one of your heroes:

Retirement InCome - for Everyone Trust

Oh, and it is your favorite company.

Look at all of the misinformation and lies. Where do I begin. No SEPP was ever screwed up in the end. In fact I got misinformation I believe from YOU. I believe it was YOU who told me that my 1035 exchange would break the IRS SEPP rules. Wrong! Clark Howard has no conflict of interest. He's a CONSUMER advocate. I'll trust him over any product pushing insurance salesman always. Websites that have clear misinformation in them? I have no idea what you're even talking about. Sounds like I said something negative about the annuities that you SELL and this upset you. When all you can do is marginalize someone with insults you have lost the debate and you are out of material. VA's the only terrible annuity? You are definitely an insurance salesman. Don't even get me started on FA's and IA's! Suzie Orman always says to keep insurance as insurance and keep investments as investments. NEVER combine the two. Oh let me guess, you're gonna say that Suzie Orman is a consumer advocate and therefore she's not a fiduciary. Get lost!

Not that these financial entertainers are credible sources but Suzi Orman does like single premium deferred annuities. She just doesn't like variable annuities.

Enjoy. http://youtu.be/zzx6GZjgvAo

Back