Anyone Ever Sold To Insurance Agents Instead Of Consumers?

I thought the purpose of a signature was to link to what you do. My interpretation of the rules was that was the only place you could put anything. I stand corrected Will delete it after sending this to you. Still, it is difficult since I was asked what about it by Gollini. I guess I can answer privately. I assume that is allowed. Right?

If it states so in the rules, then yes it is :biggrin:

Generally speaking. There is nothing wrong with having some type of link to what you sell in your signature. Many around here do it.

BUT, what crosses the line is starting threads for the sole purpose of having people click the link in your signature. Especially not giving answers to questions or engaging in real discussion... and just saying "click the link". That is advertising.

If you have something to talk about, talk about it openly. Do not redirect to some other website... that is spam.

If the only reason you joined this site is to direct people to your signature link, then you wont be around long. And not because of the moderators. You will just get relentlessly blasted by forum members.

I meant it ENTIRELY differently. I thought I WAS NOT allowed to talk about it openly and that I was ONLY allowed a link in my signature. I really would have preferred "talking' about it. When I answered that I KNEW what they were talking about I signed with a signature. Had anyone clicked on it they would have found out about it. But they didn't. So, when they came back and said, well let's "spill the beans" I thought, "wait, I will probably get kicked off this page if I start talking about it because that would be considered "promoting" and accused again of spamming. So I tried to do the right thing but got criticised for it anyway and had about 10 or so posts removed from my count. I am sorry if I offended people. I fall on my sword, but I'm also a little stunned at the welcome I have (or not) received as a newcomer.

I meant it ENTIRELY differently. I thought I WAS NOT allowed to talk about it openly and that I was ONLY allowed a link in my signature. I really would have preferred "talking' about it. When I answered that I KNEW what they were talking about I signed with a signature. Had anyone clicked on it they would have found out about it. But they didn't. So, when they came back and said, well let's "spill the beans" I thought, "wait, I will probably get kicked off this page if I start talking about it because that would be considered "promoting" and accused again of spamming. So I tried to do the right thing but got criticised for it anyway and had about 10 or so posts removed from my count. I am sorry if I offended people. I fall on my sword, but I'm also a little stunned at the welcome I have (or not) received as a newcomer.

Welcome to the Forum Roberta. :yes:

Hence the reason I recommended twice that you read the forum rules. I was trying to help you avoid getting posts removed by the moderators.

I DID read the rules. Did you read my post? I give up. Thanks anyway

Yes, I read that post AND this one and I don't understand why you got so defensive. Obviously you misunderstood the rules, which is the reason you continued to promote your new MLM gig last night.

But today is a new day, so shake it off and move on. No reason to continue to feel "butt hurt". I'm sorry you feel you weren't properly welcomed to the forum.

I meant it ENTIRELY differently. I thought I WAS NOT allowed to talk about it openly and that I was ONLY allowed a link in my signature. I really would have preferred "talking' about it. When I answered that I KNEW what they were talking about I signed with a signature. Had anyone clicked on it they would have found out about it. But they didn't. So, when they came back and said, well let's "spill the beans" I thought, "wait, I will probably get kicked off this page if I start talking about it because that would be considered "promoting" and accused again of spamming. So I tried to do the right thing but got criticised for it anyway and had about 10 or so posts removed from my cunt. I am sorry if I offended people. I fall on my sword, but I'm also a little stunned at the welcome I have (or not) received as a newcomer.

Calm down Roberta. Take a deep breath and start over. When I said spill the beans, you said you knew what it was. All you had to do was tell us. You didn't need a link for that.

Now exhale.:)

Latest posts

Back