Best IUL 29 Yo Male, Preferred, Non-smoker, 100k/yr 15 Years

Welcome to the forum.

You are totally clueless.

Im guessing you are fairly new and are a career agent at one of the big mutuals.

unless you are able to compare mortality assumptions (companies lie) it is a waste.

And this statement proves it...

What you are referring to is the Cost of Insurance... ie. how much per $1000 in DB they charge.

IUL is completely transparent. WL does not disclose the COI.

Also, policies have expenses other than the COI. WL does not disclose this either.

And for the record, I am not anti WL. I have sold it throughout my entire career. But I understand the industry well enough I know that every product has its place.

But since you think you understand things.... why dont you explain how you would know what the Mortality Assumptions are for a WL...

The basic problem with IUL is two fold 1) --sales of IUL are high when the market has been strong when the market is weak the healthy bail out and go to UL or another product leaving less healthy and smaller pool

And what proof do you have of this? Because there is not a single study to back up this statement.

Sales Managers at career shops lie more than the companies do....

2) these are stock companies working for stock holders they spend little money on service-- focus more on new products than old--change favored plans constantly

Another statement that proves you are totally clueless about this industry.

There are 3 mutual companies that sell IUL:
Penn Mutual
Pac Life
Minnesota Life

There are 2 Privately owned companies that sell IUL:

North American/Midland National
LSW

Im sure I am missing one or two on those lists, but that is just off the top of my head..

The rest are public companies or they are owned by public companies.... but that does not mean they are out to screw the policy holders. IULs I have written with public carriers have performed very well.

When you have to resort to bashing the competition instead of standing on your own merits you have already lost the battle.

and once they have your money and high surrender fees you v are cooked.

That is the most ignorant and ridiculous comment I have possibly ever heard on this forum.
(well, the one about GUL not being guaranteed because you have to pay premiums might barely top it... lol)

You can have a MUCH higher 1st year Surrender Value with IUL/UL than you can with WL. I can provide 100% of first year premiums as the Surrender Value with certain products.

Buy a whole life from a strong mutual company NML MM Guardian they are very good investors in safe products and when interest returns go up you will get their return plus service is good

Are you saying that service is not good with carriers other than those 3?

Are you saying that non mutual carriers invest in different investments than mutual carriers?

Are you saying that interest rates do not have any affect on IUL?

I would suggest you do some serious research before you answer those questions.... and asking your sales manager or trainer, or repeating what they have told you is not research.

----------

Would you like to back up your BS comment and opinion with some kind of facts?

It would be impossible since there are no facts to back any of it up... except for the lines that his sales manager or in house trainer have fed him.... LOL.

When I worked at NYL I thought IUL was the devil too. Of course when I entered the real insurance world I realized all of the lies I was told before (not just about IUL).

----------

Don't feed the troll...

You are probably right. Although I didnt see your post until I already made the mistake! lol

Perhaps he is not a troll but just an enthusiastic green agent who is being bed the usual "mother mutual is best and the rest is crap" lies that sales managers preach.

Last edited:
You are probably right. Although I didnt see your post until I already made the mistake! lol

Perhaps he is not a troll but just an enthusiastic green agent who is being bed the usual "mother mutual is best and the rest is crap" lies that sales managers preach.

You and David (DHK) are by far the most helpful members of the life, IUL, and annuity forums (and David in the "general q's" section) to both new and misinformed agents (sometimes one in the same).

Each of your posts are necessary...I just don't have the patience that both of you do however what you both do is very valuable to our community.

He has no facts. I already know that.

Just a bunch of BS he was fed by whatever training organization he's getting his kool-aid from.

I posted the link to Guy Baker's explanation of "The Box"... but I guess he's too closed-minded to even bother to click on it. (Probably never heard of him either.)

From this point, it's not worth the banter. There's TONS of great information on this forum for the person searching for facts, versus hearsay.

----------

You and David (DHK) are by far the most helpful members of the life, IUL, and annuity forums (and David in the "general q's section) to both new and misinformed agents (sometimes one in the same).

Each of your posts are necessary...I just don't have the patience that both of you do however what you both do is very valuable to our community.

Thank you for the kind words.

At the same time, there are other, more profitable 'battles' to fight.

An ignorant career agent... I can handle with a little humor. Been there and done that - having been 'brainwashed' myself.

But if the person is a REAL TROLL (ex: Drifting)... I'd rather discover it and expose them for exactly who they are and not give them much of an audience.

Thank you for the kind words.

At the same time, there are other, more profitable 'battles' to fight.

An ignorant career agent... I can handle with a little humor. Been there and done that - having been 'brainwashed' myself.

But if the person is a REAL TROLL (ex: Drifting)... I'd rather discover it and expose them for exactly who they are and not give them much of an audience.

Out of the three of us, I'm the only one who profits from a battle (since you guys don't recruit).

That being said, and maybe I'm a sucker ( but I don't think so)...your favorite troll didn't start out that way.

He seemed legitimately clueless and worried about his situation. But then google and vanguard fixed all of his issues...lol.

Because seriously, what do we know? It's not like we do this for a living or something.

Back