Best IUL 29 Yo Male, Preferred, Non-smoker, 100k/yr 15 Years

Bluefin646

Expert
Good day,

I have 29 year old male, preferred, non-smoker, looking to over-fund an IUL @ 100k/year for 15 years, taking out max income years 60-75.

Please give me your thoughts on best carriers currently available.

I will be comparing/contrasting to WL as well. In case you would like to address that here as well, lets keep it to one thread.

So please feel free to give me your thoughts on WL vs IUL, and also top carriers for each type of insurance.

Does any carriers have over-loan protection guarantee for WL?

Everything is case specific- but in general....
North American is the best choice in nearly all IUL cases.
Penn Mutual has an OverLoan protector on WL (or they used to) -I know of no others
Cash value upside is greater with IUL- downside is more moving parts and less guarantee than WL.

Thank you.

I appreciate the feedback.

I am looking for more exact comparisons of the products. Top 3 for cv year 10, year 20 @ 7% is. DB at year 10, year 20 is xyz.

But I do appreciate you going over the general stuff.

WL huge advantage is consistent cost of insurance vs IUL steadily increasing, which I still can't come to grips with. Obviously, greater upside, but also much higher cost.

Do any of you ever take a case like this and go 50/50 between WL and IUL? or never?

Call your IMO. That's their job. Let them speadsheet all the options for you and you can make an informed decision.

Has he done a medical exam yet?

I am looking for more exact comparisons of the products. Top 3 for cv year 10, year 20 @ 7% is. DB at year 10, year 20 is xyz.

LOL!!

And how much are you willing to pay one of us to do this work for you? (I charge around $150/h)

Do you always ask other agents to do your work for you??

And you should worry more about how much they can pull out as income at a certain age vs. the accumulation.... because it will vary greatly.

You were already told who the best carrier is.... and they were 100% correct. No other carrier beats NA/Midland. Especially for someone healthy.

Beyond that I suggest you do your own work... or ask your IMO (who is getting paid to do it).

----------

Thank you.
WL huge advantage is consistent cost of insurance vs IUL steadily increasing, which I still can't come to grips with. Obviously, greater upside, but also much higher cost.

That is not true at all (the bold part). On a fully overfunded IUL, the COI is less than 1% of the CV at ages 80+.

And it is impossible to say which policy has the higher cost because WL does not break down the internal costs like UL.

I would suggest partnering with an agent who is experienced in selling IUL so you can learn the basics.

$150/hr to plug a few numbers in, lol, now that is funny.

Not hard work at all, nor difficult.

Thanks, great forum here.

$150/hr to plug a few numbers in, lol, now that is funny.

Not hard work at all, nor difficult.

Thanks, great forum here.

You dont know what you dont know.

If it is not hard then why dont you do it yourself??????

Time is more valuable than anything else in life. If an agent takes an hour to run YOUR numbers for you, that is an hour of them not making money. My hourly work is billed at $150/h, I dont care what it is. My insurance sales work out to $200+ per hour for most cases.

What you are asking would take 30 minutes to an hour minimum. Id suggest you reset your expectations to the real world. You sound like a 25 year old who is new to the business world.

The only hard thing in this bz is getting someone to sign their name, and write the check. And that is HARD to do.

The rest is nada.

I already have 3 groups running it. I was seeking indy opinion to make sure the bs i am hearing is legit, on carriers, cv, db, income. Everyone has an angle.

If i ruffled feathers, im sorry.

I will post what i get, if you Pros will still give me your opinions, once i get the #'s.

Your call.

Peace for now.

The only hard thing in this bz is getting someone to sign their name, and write the check. And that is HARD to do.

The rest is nada.

I already have 3 groups running it. I was seeking indy opinion to make sure the bs i am hearing is legit, on carriers, cv, db, income. Everyone has an angle.

If i ruffled feathers, im sorry.

I will post what i get, if you Pros will still give me your opinions, once i get the #'s.

Your call.

Peace for now.

My opinion is to not trust any IMO to run an IUL illustration. I have given countless IMOs a shot at creating a proper IUL illustration and only a very small few actually did.

The best way to learn the product is to run illustrations. It is better than anything else to learn the product.

The only way to know for sure that a policy is maxed out all the way to the MEC limit, is to run the illustration yourself. You take it past MEC, then you walk it down until its not a MEC. Or some carriers have solves you can use... but a solve will not be on the illustration. I cant stress this enough, there is no possible way for you to know if it is maxed out unless you run it yourself!

So there is no reason in the world not to do it yourself. You are putting yourself at a disadvantage in multiple ways.... and at risk of the IMO screwing you by wanting to up the comp/reduce performance.

Back