Having Trouble Understanding the Cost of IUL?

Go with WRL's Increasing death benefit, and add the LTC rider. Its the largest selling IUL in America, for a reason.

And who exactly told you its the largest selling IUL? Someone from WRL??

I have never seen a single independent study that has ranked WRL's IUL production even in the top 10 in sales, much less #1.

----------

Somewhat similar. No inflation option but they do allow the rider on an Increasing DB policy.

Thanks for the pdf. Compared to JH & Nationwide it looks like a strong rider.

And who exactly told you its the largest selling IUL? Someone from WRL??

I have never seen a single independent study that has ranked WRL's IUL production even in the top 10 in sales, much less #1.

----------

Thanks for the pdf. Compared to JH & Nationwide it looks like a strong rider.
WRL used to sell a lot of IUL with the 10,000+ WFG reps they had. Now it's transitioned over to Transamerica (same product). It was all reported under the Aegon umbrella. (Used to work there...) They would rank in the top 3 or so but PacLife or Aviva were always ahead. Haven't seen a Limra report lately to see where they're at now. The Trans/WRL IUL is ok but the internal costs are too high to really compete.

WRL used to sell a lot of IUL with the 10,000+ WFG reps they had. Now it's transitioned over to Transamerica (same product). It was all reported under the Aegon umbrella. (Used to work there...) They would rank in the top 3 or so but PacLife or Aviva were always ahead. Haven't seen a Limra report lately to see where they're at now. The Trans/WRL IUL is ok but the internal costs are too high to really compete.

Ok. I have seen Aegon in the ranks. I didnt know they were a part of them, I have always heard of them being with Trans.

The Trans products are ok, but I agree, costs are too high to compete with Midland/Pac/LFG/ING/Pen/etc. And I have been looking at Axa's IUL recently since you are always talking about it. It looks good too. And according to some of the stats I have seen they are actually in the top 5 in sales over the past couple of years.

ok. Here are the real numbers as of Q3 2014.
v.aspx

Ok. How do you insert images...Just see the attachment. PacLife is # 1 followed by Minnesota Life (what??) then Transamerica.

Attachments

• Limra 3Q 2014 IUL Sales.pdf
    106 KB · Views: 36
Back