I'm an independent life insurance agent for ING so I can give you the specs as far as ING goes. I personally have this ING product myself which is called Universal Life Global Plus life insurance.
1) works with 3 indexes: S&P 500, Heng Seng, Euro 50
- whichever comes in 1st place, ING will credit 75% of that index
- whichever comes in 2nd place, ING will credit 25% of that index
- whichever comes in 3rd, ING will just throw that out
2) if in the case the indexes performs poorly, ING will guarantee 1%
3) no cap during the upmarket
4) 65% participation rate and including the participation and looking at the past 20-25 yrs of the 3 indexes with a 5 yr block period, your looking at around 8% to 10% interest you will get on your money, hypothetically.
5) tax free income
6) liquidity and even so that when you take out loans you get interest on the remaining principal plus you get interest on the loan you take out
. (No rule of liquidity such as the 59 and 1/2 rule on 401k, IRA)
If you need an illustration I can be more than happy to send you one.