I'm Enrolling Myself in an IUL...

Surprising how many producers aren't aware that using the increasing DB option is better for younger policyholders who are max funding... but the sad part of this biz for me is that agents will often ignore that strategy because the lower DB=lower COI=lower target premum=lower commissions....

Surprising how many producers aren't aware that using the increasing DB option is better for younger policyholders who are max funding... but the sad part of this biz for me is that agents will often ignore that strategy because the lower DB=lower COI=lower target premum=lower commissions....

Without the increasing DB, the amount I could put in just wasn't as much as I wanted. Also, I can't see the current DB being adequate 30 years down the road for real protection.

That is true only if using the GPT. If you are using the CVAT, your max premium is higher even with level DB than it is with an increasing DB using GPT.

The top IUL's for 20 year Net Cash Value accumulation and IRR (based on actual gains and expenses) were 1) North American Life, 2) Minnesota Life 3) Midland National Life 4) Allianz 5) Old Mutual (now F&G).... Surprised, well maybe not that surprised---that AVIVA was not in the top 10,,, they just have the best marketing I guess!
Where is this ranking list you refer to?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The top IUL's for 20 year Net Cash Value accumulation and IRR (based on actual gains and expenses) were 1) North American Life, 2) Minnesota Life 3) Midland National Life 4) Allianz 5) Old Mutual (now F&G).... Surprised, well maybe not that surprised---that AVIVA was not in the top 10,,, they just have the best marketing I guess!
Where is this ranking list you refer to?

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm an independent life insurance agent for ING so I can give you the specs as far as ING goes. I personally have this ING product myself which is called Universal Life Global Plus life insurance.

1) works with 3 indexes: S&P 500, Heng Seng, Euro 50
- whichever comes in 1st place, ING will credit 75% of that index
- whichever comes in 2nd place, ING will credit 25% of that index
- whichever comes in 3rd, ING will just throw that out
2) if in the case the indexes performs poorly, ING will guarantee 1%
3) no cap during the upmarket
4) 65% participation rate and including the participation and looking at the past 20-25 yrs of the 3 indexes with a 5 yr block period, your looking at around 8% to 10% interest you will get on your money, hypothetically.
5) tax free income
6) liquidity and even so that when you take out loans you get interest on the remaining principal plus you get interest on the loan you take out :). (No rule of liquidity such as the 59 and 1/2 rule on 401k, IRA)

If you need an illustration I can be more than happy to send you one.

Since this thread has come back to life, I would love to know if the OP is still active, if he did buy the IUL and how he feels about it 6 years later.

Lol.

Thanks, fam. Yeah, I got it taken care of...you know, just right before Obama's second term kicked off.

Thanks for checking in.:laugh:

I'm glad this popped back up. Still very happy with my Midland policy. Crediting terms are nearly as high as in 2011. I think my cap on renewal for S&P Pt to Pt last go around was 14 or 14.5%.

Just had an agent call me about a MN life policy he sold (against my recommendation) in 2012 or 2013 or somewhere around there. When sold their cap was 15% or something. Higher than about anyone else in the industry. Looked great when projected over a 55yr time line.

He looked at the clients renewal statement a couple weeks ago and their S&P pt to Pt strategy has a cap of 7.5% now. Half of what it was. I know any company can and will cut those caps/participation rates if they have which is why you have to find the companies that treat clients the best over time, protect their franchise, don't get caught up in what I call the scam areas of our business (412i, 419, STOLI, IOLI, buying business through underwriting concessions, etc).

It all gets paid for by policyholder and eventually agents too.

Do it right, sleep at night.

Latest posts

Back