Index Universal Popularity

Andrew,

This is your first and only thread on this forum. We've had all kinds of people post here. One of the ways I determine what someone's intentions are, is usually to look at their posting history so I can get a better idea of who I'm talking to.

This is the forum environment. And after a while, people's colors usually show through if you keep them talking (posting) long enough. I've been on here 8 years... and generally I don't have to prove myself to others.

You're the new guy here. I look forward to reading whatever you have to share. You've also been posting your own assumptions. Some of which are true, and some are based purely in conjecture. The idea that insurance companies are out to rip people off... is one such conjecture. I don't agree with it, but I don't have to change your mind. It's not my job.

Of course COI matters. Do you know what matters more? An ethical agent to do the job right for the client, make a proper recommendation (including policy structure), and review that program on a regular basis with the client. That's even more important. "Sell and dash" doesn't work long term. (I'm not saying that you do this. I'm only saying that it matters even more.)

----------

It may be possible that we're agreeing in a disagreeable way.

Andrew,

This is your first and only thread on this forum. We've had all kinds of people post here. One of the ways I determine what someone's intentions are, is usually to look at their posting history so I can get a better idea of who I'm talking to.

This is the forum environment. And after a while, people's colors usually show through if you keep them talking (posting) long enough. I've been on here 8 years... and generally I don't have to prove myself to others.

You're the new guy here. I look forward to reading whatever you have to share. You've also been posting your own assumptions. Some of which are true, and some are based purely in conjecture. The idea that insurance companies are out to rip people off... is one such conjecture. I don't agree with it, but I don't have to change your mind. It's not my job.

Of course COI matters. Do you know what matters more? An ethical agent to do the job right for the client, make a proper recommendation (including policy structure), and review that program on a regular basis with the client. That's even more important. "Sell and dash" doesn't work long term. (I'm not saying that you do this. I'm only saying that it matters even more.)

----------

It may be possible that we're agreeing in a disagreeable way.

That's fine but I never said companies are in business to rip people off. You took what I said totally out of context. I said there will be times that the insurance company will have to change the product in a way that benefits the co and not the client. That's just what happens in the marketplace. Products are designed for profit and that runs counter to the certainty that average consumers expect when they purchase life insurance.

You may be right. I have read these assumptions before (generally by brain-washed whole life agents) so I may have read a little too far into what you wrote.

You may be right. I have read these assumptions before (generally by brain-washed whole life agents) so I may have read a little too far into what you wrote.

Thank you Sir. Let me know what you think of the documents I am sending you. Take care, Andy

Wow. This is a tough crowd. I'll get it to you and if your'e an honorable man you'll dial it back a notch and understand that this is a forum. A place to discuss products and how they are sold. I didn't say anything when your posts were full of assumptions.I know that it's a discussion and I know that sometimes people deflect answering a question by making an insinuation. No big deal.
In the meantime, run a comparison of the fifty year old using your product and any other type of investment. See how long it takes to just break even.Then do the same for a forty year old at pref plus. Big difference isn't it? The coi does matter. We'll talk soon.

When you look at underwriting class a worse rating does mean less DB for the min DB case so coi per thousand is higher with less DB.

Back