Indexed Universal Life

You're talking about mortgage protection on 100k...who is the main breadwinner, hubby or wife? Do they both work? Kids?

At this level of contribution, they may be better off buying term and funding a Roth with the surplus...do the math on the cash in the IUL vs. the expected return on the Roth. They may appreciate the term after all...

You're talking about mortgage protection on 100k...who is the main breadwinner, hubby or wife? Do they both work? Kids?

At this level of contribution, they may be better off buying term and funding a Roth with the surplus...do the math on the cash in the IUL vs. the expected return on the Roth. They may appreciate the term after all...

I thought term or ROP term also. But they want the coverage to continue. Probably GUL or a higher faced ROP that will have more reduced paid up insurance in the end. Not having a $200 mo premium to pay after retirement has some value.

I thought term or ROP term also. But they want the coverage to continue. Probably GUL or a higher faced ROP that will have more reduced paid up insurance in the end. Not having a $200 mo premium to pay after retirement has some value.

This was my thought as well...but at 49/40 and with the funding level, I'm not sure that there will be enough meaningful CV in a short pay scenario.

If they were my client, I would pitch basic term, ROP term, and some TransAce w/ ROP @ yr 15...A combo of the three offers the best of all worlds: max coverage w/ min premiums, a return on their coverage or a RdPu option and the flexibility to have more permanent coverage or dump it if they need the cash or no longer need the DB.

I fill out way too many apps for cases like this...one would certainly be easier but.....:1arghh:

Last edited:
What about a straight term (no rop) then an EIUL? May be cost-prohibitive, but depending on health and if only covering one versus both...a possibility? I like Transamerica for ROP and lenient underwriting and ING for the IUL.

Lincoln Benefit Life has probably the lowest policy expenses/cost structure on their IUL in the business.

Bobby Samuelson is a big touter of LBL's IUL.

Transamerica has a traditional no-lapse UL product with a guaranteed return of premium in years 15, 20, and 25 and beyond not to exceed 33% of the face amount. Obviously not an IUL option, but could fit the bill for them if they want long-term guaranteed coverage and the assurance of cash back.

Can anyone recommend the TOP companies for Indexed Universal Life? I have a couple who wants a mortgage protection product, but also wants their policy to accumulate cash value. Face Amount $100k, husband is 49 and the wife is 40.

I am already contracted with MoO, but their Mortgage Life product is term... and my client is not interested in term.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Whatever state you are in you should consider Foresters Strong Foundation. It's a UL, not Indexed, but a Universal Life. This may satisfy your clients

I like North American because #1 it is a very good indexed product #2 Living Benefits. North American's living Benefits rider is one of the best. 80 + % of couples over the age of 45 will suffer some sort of chronic illness. Also did you know that 90+% of these same people who do suffer this chronic condition will file bankruptcy within 28 months.

Back