Selling IUL with Seminars?

Anybody dropped $4K or more to get 15-20 people in a room and sell them LTC, IUL, annuities and the like? Tempted to partner with a financial planner who's had success in the past but nervous about the cost. Thoughts?

Don't use seminars to sell product. Use seminars to talk about the problems people have and the strategies you can use to solve them. Leave out all the product talk. (That would make most financial planners nervous - particularly if they are FINRA registered.)

My thoughts would be to get the "Advisors Guide to Found Money Management" and see if that style might fit you (and your marketing) better.

http://www.insuranceproshop.com/lifeinsurancemarketing/

Don't use seminars to sell product. Use seminars to talk about the problems people have and the strategies you can use to solve them. Leave out all the product talk. (That would make most financial planners nervous - particularly if they are FINRA registered.)

My thoughts would be to get the "Advisors Guide to Found Money Management" and see if that style might fit you (and your marketing) better.

http://www.insuranceproshop.com/lifeinsurancemarketing/

Thanks! Advice appreciate and accepted. I'll check this out

most likely cost much more than that if you have a decent meal and use a quality mailing list, mailer, etc

most likely cost much more than that if you have a decent meal and use a quality mailing list, mailer, etc

Watch the value of the "decent meal" States are starting to crack down on seminar meals the same way they do gifts. Value has to be under a specified amount based on the state.

It can be effective, but be careful about using them to steer to any product. If you use the seminars as a financial education session and show you are knowledgeable, people may trust you and likely you will have people that want your individual advice.

I am not pro or anti-IUL. In fact, I love it... But only when sold properly.

A friend of mine spends $6,000 - $7,000 for each session, and usually nets around $60,000 - $80,000 in commissions, but he has been doing it for years and he knows his market, which is mostly latino age 55+.

Part of his strategy is that he does it at a university and has a separate education company. At the end, anyone interested in a consultation may make an appointment, but it is very education-based and not sales-like at all.

So I think to be successful, you need to be extremely professional, ethical and knowledgeable.

Latest posts

Back