Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Indexed Universal Life Forum

Reply to Tax Free Retirement WL W/riders Vs IUL?     
Old 09-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #41
Super Genius

State: ktmorgan is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Tax Free Retirement WL W/riders Vs IUL? Re: Tax Free Retirement WL W/riders Vs IUL?
I don't know about you're "Upline" or your Infinite Banking dealio. But in terms of using a Blended WL policy w/a PUA rider that really builds massive Cash Value PennMutual is unbeatable in my experience. Of course your Target on that is going to be tiny. But it may be the right thing to do in this case to build trust and develop a long term relationship.

Originally Posted by LaughDontCry View Post
I have been trying to get to the bottom of (or the truth) about recommending to my clients the tax free retirement strategy using Patrick Kelly or the RAFT vs what Pan Yellen and Nash propose as ONLY viable with Whole Life and PUA's and some term.
I hate the arguing and bickering, that only One of these is truly safe and dependable.
The WLife idea I am more attracted to, mainly cause I prefer Mutual Companies, but my upline insists that IUL can be trusted and the results are much better.
The illustrations seem to agree.
Can anyone or has anyone researched this and can point me in the right direction?
Please stay neutral.....I realize thats asking alot.
I really need facts!

Thanks

------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Tax Free Retirement WL W/riders Vs IUL?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #42

State: sonseeker is an Insurance Agent from
Tax Free Retirement WL W/riders Vs IUL? Re: Tax Free Retirement WL W/riders Vs IUL?
Great info here, glad you folks know what your doing..
Old 09-27-2016, 08:14 AM   #43
Super Genius

State: aclaro is an Insurance Agent from
Tax Free Retirement WL W/riders Vs IUL?
Originally Posted by ktmorgan View Post
I don't know about you're "Upline" or your Infinite Banking dealio. But in terms of using a Blended WL policy w/a PUA rider that really builds massive Cash Value PennMutual is unbeatable in my experience. Of course your Target on that is going to be tiny. But it may be the right thing to do in this case to build trust and develop a long term relationship.
That's interesting because in my experience running multiple carriers with Penn included it has sometimes edge out other carriers slightly with cash value but loses on income. Since income is usually the objective I don't use much Penn. MassMutual is dominant. MassMutual gets hurt by GAs giving out shitty contracts. You can get very good comp from them.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #44
Guru

State: jboussea is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by aclaro View Post
That's interesting because in my experience running multiple carriers with Penn included it has sometimes edge out other carriers slightly with cash value but loses on income. Since income is usually the objective I don't use much Penn. MassMutual is dominant. MassMutual gets hurt by GAs giving out shitty contracts. You can get very good comp from them.
What is the underlying reason why Mass has better income.. Is it the loan provisions.. Is thtat subject to change over the years
Old 06-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #45

State: NewAgent2017 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
If I understand what's said here correctly, then: I have a CVAT IUL for my 7-year old, initial face value $600k. I think I should be able to throw in a few k spare cash, asking to increase dead benefit so it won't trigger EMC. Then when kid grows older, change death benefit to level to keep COI low - which will let IUL build maximum cash accumulation when COI is low when kid is young.

SG - you are genius. Thank you so much your insightful sharing!
Old 08-15-2017, 01:30 AM   #46

State: kingkhon559 is an Insurance Agent from
Man, reading through this gives me headaches. I don't understand most of these acronyms. Seems like you guys are making it way more complicated than it is. However I like the strategy. So for example, for kids, we put the most death benefit that we can afford for the target premium, then later on, drop the death benefit and continue to pay the target on lower death benefit? I was told IUL is good for young people but not for anyone over 50+. It's better whole life due to the fact that the time is against them. And can you guys post a link to the IUL training and all the programs I can download? Thanks IUL gurus
Old 08-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #47
Super Genius

State: regularAgent is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Originally Posted by pfg1 View Post
I believe that's one of the biggest problems with some of the folks selling IUL. They sell at target or below, get the max commission for their case, and set the client up for potential disaster down the road.
I've seen several of these MLM IUL peddling groups that teach their agents to do just that. If the client can only afford $300/mo, then that is the target.
What I had seen pfg1, is different, some agents keep on over funding their clients policies not knowing what they are doing and why... most of those policies never perform well, nothing to explain about, it was very well explained for scagnt83
Nevertheless, the point is configuring this policies for Tax Free Income, as far as I can see, personally, WL will perform poorly, due to it's safe but low return, you can add some PUA, but it will required a lot of commitment from your client to keep it running, IUL it would be better, BUT, if is not propely configure it will perfom worst than WL.

If is for retirement income, you must be thinking in low commission, the strategy is: getting as much as posible for your client, not for your pocket.
Reply to Tax Free Retirement WL W/riders Vs IUL? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Indexed Universal Life Forum