Top IULs

Where do you find these notices? I've been trying to guess at the cost of insurance. I have no idea how accurate my numbers are.

You can run an expense report within the illustrations that break down premium load, admin and coi within all types of UL policies. Which company are you running?

Where do you find these notices? I've been trying to guess at the cost of insurance. I have no idea how accurate my numbers are.

It's funny, I was talking to one of the sales people and they were like "interest rates can't really go any lower, so I doubt the current rate will drop"

You can choose to run an expense report with the illustration that breaks down all of the charges on a year by year basis.

Only trust carrier wholesalers as far as you can throw them... trust IMO wholesalers even less until they prove trustworthy over time.
They do not have to look a client in the eye or take angry phone calls from them or risk an E&O claim because you make a bad recommendation based on what they said. (trust but verify, 99% of what I say to a client about a product I can prove on paper... so should your wholesaler)

Who you can trust more than most are the internal sales desks at the carriers. If you want to know the facts about a product and are unable to find the info, that is the best bet to find what you need. (they are not paid mostly on commissions like the wholesalers are and will know the products MUCH better since the carrier wholesaler job is often a revolving door)

Rates can go lower. If it is not guaranteed then it is not guaranteed, period. But some carriers have much better track records than others.

Hopefully you are not guessing about these figures in front of clients... actually, hopefully you are not pitching UL to clients at all yet... but never guess, there is always an answer. Your wholesaler should have been able to explain the expenses and how to know what they are. If he didnt or cant then find a new one.

Last edited:
You can run an expense report within the illustrations that break down premium load, admin and coi within all types of UL policies. Which company are you running?

I've ran MOO, Americo, AXA, RNA, and TransAmerica. I dont know where to find that option.

I've ran MOO, Americo, AXA, RNA, and TransAmerica. I dont know where to find that option.
I've never illustrated any of those, but in most other illustration software, there is a "Charges" report available for output. It's usually not turned on by default, but it shows both current mortality charges and guaranteed maximum mortality charges.

You could also call the carrier and ask for a specimen policy or sometimes find one online. This would 100% have the maximum charges in it.

I dont sell any of those other than GUL from MoO.

As the last post said, the expense report is optional and not turned on by default usually. Look for "additional reports" or "optional reports" somewhere in the software.

On a different note, if you are running IUL, Axa is the only one out of the ones you listed that is a decent IUL product. I would highly recommend looking at LFG, NA, Allianz, & Penn.

I dont sell any of those other than GUL from MoO.

As the last post said, the expense report is optional and not turned on by default usually. Look for "additional reports" or "optional reports" somewhere in the software.

On a different note, if you are running IUL, Axa is the only one out of the ones you listed that is a decent IUL product. I would highly recommend looking at LFG, NA, Allianz, & Penn.
I'd add Minnesota Life to that group of excellent carriers. The #1 thing I love about MN Life's IUL is that they contractually guarantee that the variable loan rate will never be higher than the current fixed crediting rate + 1%. In other words, if they wanted to raise the variable loan rate to 8%, they would have to offer a 7% fixed rate to all contracts regardless of whether or not loans have been taken.

This guarantee, plus the indexed loan option (fixed loan rate, fully participating in their blended index) make it very attractive as a vehicle for cash accumulation and potential income later in life.

I'd add Minnesota Life to that group of excellent carriers. The #1 thing I love about MN Life's IUL is that they contractually guarantee that the variable loan rate will never be higher than the current fixed crediting rate + 1%. In other words, if they wanted to raise the variable loan rate to 8%, they would have to offer a 7% fixed rate to all contracts regardless of whether or not loans have been taken.

This guarantee, plus the indexed loan option (fixed loan rate, fully participating in their blended index) make it very attractive as a vehicle for cash accumulation and potential income later in life.

Ive never sold the product but you are correct. It is one of the top IULs. I usually forget about it unless Im on winflex and see them on there.

Ive never sold the product but you are correct. It is one of the top IULs. I usually forget about it unless Im on winflex and see them on there.
You should really look into their Eclipse and Omega Builder. Let me know if you want to see an illustration or anything, I like their software a lot better than Winflex. It's very easy to design max funded policies and compare different funding/crediting/income scenarios side by side.

You should really look into their Eclipse and Omega Builder. Let me know if you want to see an illustration or anything, I like their software a lot better than Winflex. It's very easy to design max funded policies and compare different funding/crediting/income scenarios side by side.

Thanks, I will let you know if I need anything. Generally speaking I prefer carrier software over Winflex, but it helps with carriers Im not appointed with.

Thanks, I will let you know if I need anything. I am not a fan of Winflex but it helps with carriers Im not appointed with.
Agreed, it's a pain but is nice for comparison purposes. I'm interested to see how this new update will work out. It'll be nice to finally be able to use it on a browser other than Internet Explorer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back