2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis

Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance Exchange Forum > Indiana

Reply to 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis     
Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Guru

State: benwrigh is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis
Here is a link to a report with cost comparisons. It also shows the rating regions in the state along with how many companies will be participation in each region.

I also see where the report says Anthem is the only company out of the current top 5 in individual health ins. in Indiana to participate in the exchange.

http://www.in.gov/idoi/files/Individ...ket_Report.pdf
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis

Old 08-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #2

State: AAEILER is an Insurance Agent from
2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis Re: 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis
Thanks for post. I have been hearing some chatter this week from a couple of credible sources stating that the word on the street is a 1 yr delay for the individual exchange. Have you heard anything??
Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Guru

2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis Re: 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis benwrigh is the thread starter for: 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis

Originally Posted by AAEILER View Post
Thanks for post. I have been hearing some chatter this week from a couple of credible sources stating that the word on the street is a 1 yr delay for the individual exchange. Have you heard anything??
I have not heard of a delay for the exchange. There was another provision last week I believe that was delayed until 2015.

I see very little chance that there will be a delay on this aspect of the law.

Edit: I did hear one state was delaying public access for a couple weeks to prevent an overload. Brokers only will be allowed access. This would be good news for us if this happened. But, since IN is part of the federal exchange, we probably won't see it happen.

Last edited by benwrigh; 08-21-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Guru
AllenChicago on 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis - Insurance Forum

State: AllenChicago is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
AllenChicago is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis Re: 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis
If the Administration waits until after August 31st to announce a delay, there will be too much disruption. Several insurers will begin "retooling" their systems for ObamaCare plans immediately after Labor Day. As BenWrigh said, The ACA would be committing suicide by delaying this integral part of its function.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Please type "insurance" in this box I agree to forum rules 

Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Guru

2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis benwrigh is the thread starter for: 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis

Originally Posted by AllenChicago View Post
If the Administration waits until after August 31st to announce a delay, there will be too much disruption. Several insurers will begin "retooling" their systems for ObamaCare plans immediately after Labor Day. As BenWrigh said, The ACA would be committing suicide by delaying this integral part of its function.
It is basically the core of the law. The administration can delay some of the smaller provisions and get away with it, they just have to deal with some media coverage , which the public could not care less about, and the other idiots on the other side of the aisle will make some press releases. But to delay this part of the law? Not even an option in their book. Everything comes down to politics.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
ABC
Guru
ABC on 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis - Insurance Forum

State: ABC is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
ABC is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Thanks for posting!....................

Indiana Health Insurance
Old 09-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Guru

State: jemelton is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Is there anything stating what specific insurers will participate in each region?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
ABC
Guru
ABC on 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis - Insurance Forum

State: ABC is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
ABC is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by jemelton View Post
Is there anything stating what specific insurers will participate in each region?
There is only 4 carriers operating on the exchange and they have not released the exact areas for 3 of them.

Indiana Health Insurance
Old 09-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
Guru

State: jemelton is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
In these regions, are they rates/networks going to be different? I have 3 offices that are all in 3 different regions and they are within 30 minutes of each other.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
Guru

2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis benwrigh is the thread starter for: 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis

Originally Posted by jemelton View Post
In these regions, are they rates/networks going to be different? I have 3 offices that are all in 3 different regions and they are within 30 minutes of each other.
I know that the networks for Assurant's plans differ by region. The regions may have multiple networks (chosen by the insured I guess) and they have different rates. I got this info from their state rate filing. They are not participating on the exchange.

Region rates will be different with all companies. It is one of the rating factors allowed by the law.

I believe Anthem, Coordinated Care, and MDwise will be the main companies on the exchange. The latter two are Medicaid HMOs. So not much of a chance of working with them.

United Healthcare and IHC have not submitted a rate filing yet. Celtic will have an off exchange plan, but the filing is not finalized or available yet.

Last edited by benwrigh; 09-09-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Reply to 2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance Exchange Forum > Indiana

Tags
health insurance, individual health