2014 Indiana Individual Health Insurance Market Analysis

Thanks for post. I have been hearing some chatter this week from a couple of credible sources stating that the word on the street is a 1 yr delay for the individual exchange. Have you heard anything??

Thanks for post. I have been hearing some chatter this week from a couple of credible sources stating that the word on the street is a 1 yr delay for the individual exchange. Have you heard anything??

I have not heard of a delay for the exchange. There was another provision last week I believe that was delayed until 2015.

I see very little chance that there will be a delay on this aspect of the law.

Edit: I did hear one state was delaying public access for a couple weeks to prevent an overload. Brokers only will be allowed access. This would be good news for us if this happened. But, since IN is part of the federal exchange, we probably won't see it happen.

Last edited:
If the Administration waits until after August 31st to announce a delay, there will be too much disruption. Several insurers will begin "retooling" their systems for ObamaCare plans immediately after Labor Day. As BenWrigh said, The ACA would be committing suicide by delaying this integral part of its function.

If the Administration waits until after August 31st to announce a delay, there will be too much disruption. Several insurers will begin "retooling" their systems for ObamaCare plans immediately after Labor Day. As BenWrigh said, The ACA would be committing suicide by delaying this integral part of its function.

It is basically the core of the law. The administration can delay some of the smaller provisions and get away with it, they just have to deal with some media coverage , which the public could not care less about, and the other idiots on the other side of the aisle will make some press releases. But to delay this part of the law? Not even an option in their book. Everything comes down to politics.

Is there anything stating what specific insurers will participate in each region?

There is only 4 carriers operating on the exchange and they have not released the exact areas for 3 of them.

In these regions, are they rates/networks going to be different? I have 3 offices that are all in 3 different regions and they are within 30 minutes of each other.

In these regions, are they rates/networks going to be different? I have 3 offices that are all in 3 different regions and they are within 30 minutes of each other.

I know that the networks for Assurant's plans differ by region. The regions may have multiple networks (chosen by the insured I guess) and they have different rates. I got this info from their state rate filing. They are not participating on the exchange.

Region rates will be different with all companies. It is one of the rating factors allowed by the law.

I believe Anthem, Coordinated Care, and MDwise will be the main companies on the exchange. The latter two are Medicaid HMOs. So not much of a chance of working with them.

United Healthcare and IHC have not submitted a rate filing yet. Celtic will have an off exchange plan, but the filing is not finalized or available yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back