72% Increase in IFP Rates; 8% Increase for Small Group

Insane!
"Costs for individual plans is expected to increase from an average of $255 per member per month in 2012 to $570 in 2014, when the most aspects of the law go into effect, Harrison said."

Illinois will be similar, Stuy119. But because our state is run by liberal Obamacrats, the increase will be spun differently...more like CA and NY.. i.e. "The Rates aren't as high as feared and projected", or "The Rates are in line with what small groups pay, which is good news!"

-AC

There is a lot of politics here. You can go to https://filingaccess.serff.com/health/createNewSearch.do and look up what companies have actually filed in the state.

August 12, 2013
ABC, that link is to secure session that you had bookmarked. It's no longer active.

However, one company on the Indiana Exchange has decided to share a sample of their 2014 premiums. Here's a news article from Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana.

Link: New PHP premiums show price of Obamacare - News-Sentinel.com

ac

PHP is a carrier that is owned by a group of Doctors.

They will get traction inside the exchange.

PHP is a carrier that is owned by a group of Doctors.

They will get traction inside the exchange.

Any idea if they will be expanding to cover more of the state in the exchange? I'm curious what companies will be participating. I just started a thread with link to a report that Anthem will be the only insurer on the exchange out of the top 5 in Indiana. It gives how many companies per rating region, but no names.

Back