Ads for Obtaining ACA Business

Nasha

Expert
I'm looking for a little advertising advice.

In 2014 I placed a few ads in different publications about health insurance and getting tax credits. I didn't get one call. The publications were free and delivered to homes. I used an insurance company's ad from their catalog that was sent to me in a PDF with my info on it.

I would now like to try again and make my own generic ad and I want to use the word "Obamacare" in the headline but since we all know "Obamacare" isn't really a thing, I don't want to appear ignorant. I don't even know if it's legal or ethical to use that term. But I think that my potential clientele identifies with that term and the ad may be quite successful.

What do you folks think?

Thanks for responding guys.

So if I can get up my nerve to use "Obamacare" in my ads, do you also agree that it will make the phone ring more (or at all) than an ad without it?

Is anyone currently doing any print advertising for health insurance? Has it been successful? Can you tell me what kind of publications you're using and an example of the headlines and copy? I'm on the treasure coast in Florida.

I have a sign that is 4 ft by 5 ft. that i stick in the ground out front of my office that says obamacare plans.
I have yet to find advertising guidelines on this abomination.

----------

Just an fyi:
ALL Liberty tax offices nationwide are now using the signage Obamacare enrollment center.

You're kidding me? First, I didn't even know Liberty tax was a licensed health agent and second, it's so slang. I just 2 seconds ago ordered tri-sided pens and put an insurance companies logo on them(with permission). Maybe I need to cancel that and put Obamacare instead.

Some people will say to me "its not one of those Obamacare plans is it?" and I then explain that Obamacare isn't really a thing, that its a term people associate with the ACA law and that the plans are from the same insurance companies that sold plans before the law. Then they feel better.

And as far as advertising guidelines, yeah there isn't much out there. Probably because they want to get as many people signed up as possible then they will implement rules making it harder market like they did with Medicare Advantage plans.

Handing out Obamabux would probably be better than pens.

ObamaBucks.jpg

A small percentage always calls it ACA or the "affordable care act", and if they do and are liberal, they despise the term "Obamacare". You're surely not going to get their business or call.

Then you got the other conservative side, that hates the term "Obamacare" and won't dare call you if on the ad. You may even get your tires slashed.

So, that leaves the middle, or those in the subsets above, who take their medicine and buy ACA from the closet.

If you target lower income neighborhoods, use "Obamacare" if going after subsidized clients.

If targeting higher income hoods, maybe just go back to the tried and true "Health Insurance". Everyone knows ACA took over the markets options.

Back