Aetna Agents, Found Your Commissions

Not sure what piece of the pie ind. health and M.A. takes up for Aetna's overall business. Anyone what to guess? However, this is not that surprising for another reason. Their individual apps are way down. The cost of underwriting these apps are significant. Voila, those costs dropped significantly, Same with MA plans. Short term, looks great for the books; long term, not so good. JMHO.

I refuse to defend Aetna on anything, but MLR did not go into effect until 1/1/11. Same for commission cuts.

Their individual & small group is a very small percentage of their total block, and will continue to become even smaller . . .

The stock was up 13% this morning, now at 10%. I should have bought stock. It's up 25% since the cut in commish announcement....follow the money

The stock was up 13% this morning, now at 10%. I should have bought stock. It's up 25% since the cut in commish announcement....follow the money

Hey maybe we can all make up our commission cuts by buying insurance stocks! Something about that just irritates me though...

Back