Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

First off Ann H, rates on HSAs very greatly from state to state. An individual carrying a $5000 100% HSA plan through say a Humana Enhanced plan wouldn't be the right fit.

That isn't who this coverage is targeted. I am an insurance advisor. If I can't put the prospect/client in a better position than I tell them they are better off where they are. For a family of 3-5 with a copay plan that has gone up every year with the average increase we see, this plan is the best option. If you want to compare a family of 4 in Colorado we can pull rate for GR Copay Select, Humana Enhanced Copay, Cigna Open Access and Open Access Value, or BCBS Premier plan and I will show you not only do you get more coverage for your money, but then I will pull out my 6 year rate calculator and we'll take a look at some actuaries and what rate increases people are actually receiving verses getting 1 rate increase in 6 years based solely on age and not claims history and we'll submit your app.

I include critical illness and accident coverage in every piece of business I write, both now and when I was working in the brokerage world, because of the value and protection for the client. The convenience of having all the ancillaries in one plan, with one payment, one claim submission; is a HUGE benefit to the client.

Not to mention, we're not just looking at rates now. All of you keep ignoring the impending enormous rate increases coming. And also, it has not been established whether or not a 100% HSA will even meet the guidelines of the compliant plans. Most say they won't.

You guys are all missing the whole point. You keep referencing limited benefits plans. Yes, this company does have some limited benefits plans but that isn't what we're talking about.

The Secure Advantage plan is a fully underwritten comprehensive health plan that allows the client to custom tailor the coverage to their needs and budget and then allows them to lock their rates in for up to 36 months. You are misinformed and spreading misinformation. You don't know what you're talking about.

As far as the Guaranteed Issue plans...

In states where high risk pools exist, yes it is a great option for people with pre-ex but many states don't have the option. All state funded PCIP plans must be suspended by March 2 because the government is out of money. Do your research.

Plans offered through the exchanges and the affordable care act will be anything but affordable. What are you going to tell the prospect that cannot afford coverage today? They certainly won't be able to afford it next year.

This coverage is legit. You guys are only kidding yourselves.

Here is your "Value" plan, care to post the Secure Advantage plan brochure, along with the price for that 40 yr old without any add ons?

Non action will speak for itself.

If it's a good plan, many on this board will say it is, and we'll know about our competition, and we'll know what we're talking about, and stop bashing your great product.

For a family of 3-5 with a copay plan that has gone up every year with the average increase we see, this plan is the best option.

Less premium, maybe. But what if any one of those family members were to get a serious illness?
My mother had a major liver surgery 8 years ago. Her total bill was nearly $450,000 for the surgery and 2-week recovery. If she had one of your plans, she would have had to file for bankruptcy.

You guys are all missing the whole point. You keep referencing limited benefits plans. Yes, this company does have some limited benefits plans but that isn't what we're talking about.

The Secure Advantage plan is a fully underwritten comprehensive health plan that allows the client to custom tailor the coverage to their needs and budget and then allows them to lock their rates in for up to 36 months.

here is the plan you are talking about......sure the price tag for the whole ball of wax is through the roof and a decline if you do have a prex,,,,
http://www.usabg.net/uploads/product_brochure/1317142079_Secure_Advantage_Plan_Brochure.pdf

on this list of benies...how many of the top one you have on the books....
can see someone getting talked into this instead of the no cap option....

Select Your Maximums Per Insured:

$5,000,000 Lifetime Certificate Maximum

with
a $500,000 Lifetime Transplant/

$250,000
Calendar Year Maximum Per Insured

Last edited:
Not to mention, we're not just looking at rates now. All of you keep ignoring the impending enormous rate increases coming. And also, it has not been established whether or not a 100% HSA will even meet the guidelines of the compliant plans. Most say they won't.

I guess HHS calculator isn't enough for you. HSA's will survive and be the most popular plan on the exchanges. See attached calc, also see last pages of CA HSA exchange plans:

Attachments

• Covered CA standard benefit plans 2013 FINAL 2-12-13.pdf
    75.6 KB · Views: 12
First off the rates aren't ridiculous and for an individual there a $5/mo rider to go from a $5 mil max to an unlimited. $10/mo for the family. You look at the rates over a three year period and compare what happens with a plan that gets a modest 18% increase annually vs one that is stabilized for 3 years. The underwriting guidelines are more liberal than any major med policy I have ever sold, and I have sold them all. Bash it all you want, the product speaks for itself.

And Ann H., you keep touting your HSAs for a 40 year old male. I had an HSA for years, and I loved it. An HSA isn't the perfect fit for a family with children who wants doctor visits and Rx coverage. Especially when the average HSA family is carrying a $10K aggregate deductible. You see, I used to specialize in HSAs. I know all about them, and they are a terrific option for some people. This coverage is not for everyone. Neither is an HSA. Say what you want about the premiums and HSAs lasting, they are losing much of their value and 100% plans will likely not exist. The rates are expected to increase 40-70%, in some cases with young healthy people 100% due to Obamacare. Be realistic here, the American public can barely afford to pay for their coverage now.

I say again, what good is great coverage if you cannot afford to pay for it every month and year after year, rate increase after rate increase?

I say again, what good is great coverage if you cannot afford to pay for it every month and year after year, rate increase after rate increase?

and adding the tax for not carrying a approved major medical insurance with the prem. from UShealth seems like a great plan to me......

So............. show us the money. Put up your plan and compare it to a major competitor. But get real. Don't tell us things like "modest 18% rate increase". Don't compare against the Saver 80, or another product that nobody here sells. We won't be swayed by comments like, "it pays better than the Saver 80", or "I can show you some insurance company somewhere that actually had 18% rate increases every year for 3 years". You need to use real data, with real life cases, with real facts. If your product is good, it will stand the "due diligence" test of experienced agents who keep their clients from falling into sales techniques like this.

Ann H. I actually referenced the most comprehensive plans you sell if you are a broker. Copay Select, BCBS Premier, Humana Enh.. Copay, and the Cigna Open Access plans. Those are the plans we're comparing. My point with the other was that you are not being truthful if you're saying you're not selling Anthem Clear Protection plans or Saver 80 plans to people that have no money because you are.

I have some clients in CO (family of 4) who recently purchased our $6K 70/30% with unlimited lifetime max. $40K of critical illness on the primary and spouse, supplemental accident coverage for all covered up to $25K per injury, per insured which satisfies the ded. & coins. and has a $750 ded. $600 hospital confinement benefit for up 30 days a year after 2 day elimination, and disability coverage of $1500/mo for 12 months on the primary for less the $600/mo. Then we guaranteed the rate for 3 years, no rate increases.

Ran rates to see where were compared to comparable plans for just the health coverage. You build that plan anyway you want and guarantee the rate for 3 years and show me what your premium is?

The only people who are being slick here are the one's who are trying to discredit coverage that they are intimidated by and clueless about.

Back