Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

I appreciate this forum and thread. I'm a consumer and was getting ready to purchase USHA's "alternative to obamacare". And I was thinking how cool that I get health insurance, AD&D, critical illness coverage, etc. all for the same amount I could pay for insurance alone. Reading through this entire thread got me to look more closely at the brochure I was emailed. It very clearly says that this does not meet the minimum essential standards of ACA. Which means my husband and I will pay a hefty penalty for not having an ACA approved plan. I asked the rep about this and was told that in Texas that's not true. That all we have to do is check a box that says we have insurance. That sounds like tax fraud to me.

I appreciate this forum and thread. I'm a consumer and was getting ready to purchase USHA's "alternative to obamacare". And I was thinking how cool that I get health insurance, AD&D, critical illness coverage, etc. all for the same amount I could pay for insurance alone. Reading through this entire thread got me to look more closely at the brochure I was emailed. It very clearly says that this does not meet the minimum essential standards of ACA. Which means my husband and I will pay a hefty penalty for not having an ACA approved plan. I asked the rep about this and was told that in Texas that's not true. That all we have to do is check a box that says we have insurance. That sounds like tax fraud to me.

Fraud is a very good analysis, they train their agents to lie and what you have been told is a complete and utter lie.

I appreciate this forum and thread. Reading through this entire thread got me to look more closely at the brochure I was emailed. It very clearly says that this does not meet the minimum essential standards of ACA. Which means my husband and I will pay a hefty penalty for not having an ACA approved plan. I asked the rep about this and was told that in Texas that's not true. That all we have to do is check a box that says we have insurance. That sounds like tax fraud to me.

SwampGirl, congratulations on your take-charge attitude and your wisdom. Unfortunately, most consumers are not as thorough, and will end up in financial trouble by taking this agent's advice.

I suggest you file an online complaint against this bad apple. You'll prevent future IRS/ACA fraud actions on his part, and also build documentation that will assist those who took his advice, and end up in deep water.

Here's a link to the Texas Department of Insurance Online Complaint Form:

https://wwwapps.tdi.state.tx.us/inter/perlroot/consumer/complform/complform.html

Thankyou SwampGirl for registering with the forum to share your appreciation.
-allen

The scary thing is that I don't think the agent is trying to be deceptive at all. I think she's just ignorant. And it's a horrible thing that I almost signed up on the spot based on her ignorance. Thankfully we decided to hold off and think it over for one night. One of my better decisions for sure. I'm going to tell her that I think she is seriously misinformed if she thinks that her clients aren't going to have to pay penalties, or that it's ok to say they have insurance on their tax forms when they don't.

The scary thing is that I don't think the agent is trying to be deceptive at all. I think she's just ignorant. And it's a horrible thing that I almost signed up on the spot based on her ignorance. Thankfully we decided to hold off and think it over for one night. One of my better decisions for sure. I'm going to tell her that I think she is seriously misinformed if she thinks that her clients aren't going to have to pay penalties, or that it's ok to say they have insurance on their tax forms when they don't.

If you and your husband were reading the brochure and read that it didn't meet the requirements of ACA I would say that the agent was very deceptive. If she is out their selling something then she damn well better know what she is selling, that is deception in its self. Report her and the company.

Even if she is "misinformed" that does not excuse her actions. As a licensed agent, it is her responsibility to stay informed and up to date. I have found that in the most cases of agent "ignorance", it is "willful ignorance".. They are either to lazy to study and to stay up to date or they choose ignorance because it is profitable to them.

Going off of memory the deal with them, supposedly you can buy a rider with them where if something happened they will put you on one of their ACA plans. The reason I know this is because one of their agents threatened to report me when I told him that was B.S.

I also had a agent that tried to recruit me:no: with the same pitch.

I wonder if this will change the sales pitch?

In the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Central United Life Insurance Company and Senior Security Benefits Inc. sued in November 2014 to block HHS, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the agencies' top officials from interfering with insurers' efforts to sell "fixed indemnity plans."

HHS wants to require sellers of fixed indemnity plans to verify that the buyers of the products have PPACA-compliant major medical coverage, or "minimum essential coverage."

King vs. Burwell: Not the only PPACA court game around | LifeHealthPro

Back