Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Washington is unique. You have had "health care reform" for many years there, HillaryCare style. You should talk to some local agents.

I knew an agent in that area that went solely with group health insurance, because the Washington IFP (Individual/Family Plan) market was pretty messed up.

I believe you that Medicare and dual eligibility could be hot there. Good luck to you. You sound like a young man who thinks things through well, and knows when to ask more questions & do research before selecting a career choice.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm in a bit of a unique situation. I've been trading options for 7 years but have hit the wall and suddenly not generating enough income. The market closes at 1 PM in Washington, so I'd love to find something I can do from about 2-midnight Monday through Thursday and hopefully, if it works, get out of options forever.

I am in the process of canceling my 43 P&C licenses, as it's too expensive to maintain them, and will probably get a Washington Health and Life license and give it a try. We'll see! I know the failure rate is astronomical.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm in a bit of a unique situation. I've been trading options for 7 years but have hit the wall and suddenly not generating enough income. The market closes at 1 PM in Washington, so I'd love to find something I can do from about 2-midnight Monday through Thursday and hopefully, if it works, get out of options forever.

I am in the process of canceling my 43 P&C licenses, as it's too expensive to maintain them, and will probably get a Washington Health and Life license and give it a try. We'll see! I know the failure rate is astronomical.

Trading options... 43 P&C licenses... Well, clearly you are not the typical "newbie" agent. You will do quite well at what you set your mind to do. If you decide to go into ACA-compliant IFP, why don't you look into Texas, which is probably the best state for IFP at this time. Most other states are facing carrier withdrawls, high rate increases, and disappearing commission rates. Yet, I still recommend group insurance over IFP, and it would fit you well given your financial acumen. IFP has a shelf life of 12-24 months. Group insurance is roaring, but it is still quite regional. I had a friend in Washington who said group insurance was far better than IFP there. That was about 2 years ago, and I can only imagine it would be better still.

Trading options... 43 P&C licenses... Well, clearly you are not the typical "newbie" agent. You will do quite well at what you set your mind to do. If you decide to go into ACA-compliant IFP, why don't you look into Texas, which is probably the best state for IFP at this time. Most other states are facing carrier withdrawls, high rate increases, and disappearing commission rates. Yet, I still recommend group insurance over IFP, and it would fit you well given your financial acumen. IFP has a shelf life of 12-24 months. Group insurance is roaring, but it is still quite regional. I had a friend in Washington who said group insurance was far better than IFP there. That was about 2 years ago, and I can only imagine it would be better still.

Thanks! Group insurance sounds like something I need to explore!

I only had the 43 licenses because I was working for a large insurance company that does business in almost every state. Might have been a mistake to quit but the constant pressure to add riders that were clearly not in the customers' best interest got to me. That's just how it foes I guess!:nah:

Well let's look at this objectively
Commissions are going to zero for ACA compliant plans as far as we can say within the next year or so
United healthcare has complete left the market
And most other carriers will not pay commissions outside of open enrollment
Obamacare prices are through the roof unless you get a subsidy and who wants the people get a large subsidy because they are poor class of clients that we do not need and you can't build long-term business off the indigent.
Supplements pay high commissions and there's nothing wrong with high commissions when there's value built in
as far as indemnity plans it really depends on the indemnity plan because short-term plans are essentially indemnity plans but they're fully catastrophic up to a particular maximum typically $1 million or so. I am not that familiar with US health advisers but the indemnity concept can save people money

Commissions are going to zero for ACA compliant plans as far as we can say within the next year or so
Obamacare prices are through the roof unless you get a subsidy and who wants the people get a large subsidy because they are poor class of clients that we do not need and you can't build long-term business off the indigent.
Supplements pay high commissions and there's nothing wrong with high commissions when there's value built in
as far as indemnity plans it really depends on the indemnity plan because short-term plans are essentially indemnity plans but they're fully catastrophic up to a particular maximum typically $1 million or so. I am not that familiar with US health advisers but the indemnity concept can save people money

Why not offer your clients a self-funded, self defined add-on benefits plan structured thru the ERISA program that "never" costs the employer or their employees a dime out of pocket and is renewable year after year and your commissions remain the same with each yearly renewal?

:D You're not familiar with USHG but you outline their sales process to a T.

You just left out the penalty and the ability to qualify for that plan...

If you are considering or are USHG you should read the exclusion section of each plan...you'll be surprised that your Upline has been lying to you.

On another note I did see Freedom Life submitting plans to the FDOI..it would be interesting to see what's inside.

I love people who are critical without knowledge. It's about what the customer can afford insurance is about risk prevention and blanket protection often is unaffordable for many clients so a certain amount of risk maybe fine. Tax penalty cost is negligible so the idea of supplementation with critical illness and accident policies make sense not Obama care but it makes sense with short-term indemnity products as well and the fact that they pay good commissions is just a bonus

----------

Why not offer your clients a self-funded, self defined add-on benefits plan structured thru the ERISA program that "never" costs the employer or their employees a dime out of pocket and is renewable year after year and your commissions remain the same with each yearly renewal?

That would work but we're not talking about group insurance were talking about individual and family plans small group and large group is another thing altogether

I love people who are critical without knowledge. It's about what the customer can afford insurance is about risk prevention and blanket protection often is unaffordable for many clients so a certain amount of risk maybe fine. Tax penalty cost is negligible so the idea of supplementation with critical illness and accident policies make sense not Obama care but it makes sense with short-term indemnity products as well and the fact that they pay good commissions is just a bonus

----------

That would work but we're not talking about group insurance were talking about individual and family plans small group and large group is another thing altogether

Your first obligation is to do what is best for the client. You talk about what the client can afford. But "afford" means premium, deductibles, and uncovered expenses, too. Heart surgery costs $50,000 to $200,000, and an ankle surgery cost around $13,000. Since the product (insurance) is intended to keep them from large expenses, that means the reason to purchase the policy is to protect against the biggest expenses. Premium is not the biggest expense. As a matter of fact, most of these limited benefit plans advertise the reduced premium, but not the greatly reduced payment structure for the biggest expenses, like hospitalization, surgery, prescriptions, etc. Most buyers don't realize that, but it is a licensed sales agent's responsibility to explain that.

Remember, a casket can cost the client costs $3,000, too. This is not a quick purchase to be taken lightly. Health insurance involves the person's finances and their healthcare.

Last edited:
First off I do not sell scheduled indemnity I sell ACA compliant plans short term med and health supplements

I for one hate the ACA community rating has increased the cost of insurance for everyone except for the indigent who are not my clients

Yes it has allow people who would otherwise not be able to get insurance because of insurability issues to get insurance but it was not worth this locating the entire market for political reasons to help the small segment of the population who should I had insurance before they got sick it was sold based upon a bait and switch pathology by political liberals Who have the endgame of single-payer we all know this

I simply stated that some insurance is better than no insurance for those who cannot afford an ACA compliant plan. I personally recommend short-term insurance for these people until they need Obama care because the difference between short-term insurance and unsubsidized Obamacare is massive and a tax penalty is negligible

I'm a huge advocate for accident Insurance and critical illness insurance as these provide real value for very little investment

Back