Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Reply to Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?     
Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #1

State: heffhawk is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors? Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?
I've been visiting this site because of the great information from all of you. Now I have a question to ask. Has anyone heard of USHealth Advisors? They have contacted me to sell their telephonic health insurance. I googled them but didn't find much info. They seem fine, but I have never heard of them and they want me to get contracted as soon as possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Guru

State: arnguy is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
arnguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors? Re: Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?
I have never heard of them!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #3

Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors? Re: Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors? heffhawk is the thread starter for: Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Thanks for the reply, arnguy. However, I have passed on their offer. Too many red flags. I still don't know much about them.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
Guru

State: AllGold is an Insurance Agent from Michigan
I think I have heard the name before this thread but that's about it. Don't know a thing about them.

Probably just a temporary glitch but I tried to go to their web site and this doesn't inspire confidence:

Ruby (Rack) application could not be started
These are the possible causes:
There may be a syntax error in the application's code. Please check for such errors and fix them.
A required library may not installed. Please install all libraries that this application requires.
The application may not be properly configured. Please check whether all configuration files are written correctly, fix any incorrect configurations, and restart this application.
A service that the application relies on (such as the database server or the Ferret search engine server) may not have been started. Please start that service.
Further information about the error may have been written to the application's log file. Please check it in order to analyse the problem.
Error message:
Could not find activesupport-3.0.0 in any of the sources (Bundler::GemNotFound)
Exception class:
PhusionPassenger::UnknownError
Application root:
/home/nhc/sites/ushealthadvisors.com
Backtrace:
# File Line Location
0 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb 87 in `block in materialize'
1 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb 81 in `map!'
2 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb 81 in `materialize'
3 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler/definition.rb 90 in `specs'
4 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler/definition.rb 135 in `specs_for'
5 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler/definition.rb 124 in `requested_specs'
6 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler/environment.rb 23 in `requested_specs'
7 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler/runtime.rb 11 in `setup'
8 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180@global/gems/bundler-1.0.15/lib/bundler.rb 107 in `setup'
9 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/utils.rb 326 in `prepare_app_process'
10 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/rack/application_spawner.rb 155 in `block in initialize_server'
11 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/utils.rb 572 in `report_app_init_status'
12 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/rack/application_spawner.rb 153 in `initialize_server'
13 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb 204 in `start_synchronously'
23 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb 137 in `spawn_application'
24 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb 275 in `handle_spawn_application'
25 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb 357 in `server_main_loop'
26 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb 206 in `start_synchronously'
27 /home/nhc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p180/gems/passenger-3.0.7/helper-scripts/passenger-spawn-server
I could be wrong but I get the impression from nosing around on their web site (when it doesn't blow up) that they're big on limited benefit plans.

Register Now for FREE!
Are you an Insurance Forums member yet ? To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please fill out the form below !

Username:     Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   What is the fifth letter of the word Insurance? I agree to forum rules 

Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
Guru
jbage007 on Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors? - Insurance Forum

State: jbage007 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
All you need to know about those bozos is in this link:

US Health Flagship Co's Downgraded (again)

Only amazing thing to me is that National Foundation Life actually managed to survive National Health Ins. Co. (you gotta go back a ways to truly appreciate the meaning behind that)

By the way, how many of you cohorts actually are aware that it technically is illegal - in most states - to call yourself an "ADVISOR" when in fact your income is derived from commisionable insurance sales??

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing . . . after they have tried everything else." Winston Churchill

Last edited by jbage007; 08-05-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #6

Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors? Re: Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors? heffhawk is the thread starter for: Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Thanks again for the input. I haven't sold much health insurance and this forum is a tremendous help. They continue to call me(pitch me) to get contracted, even though they won't tell me specific products, lead system, etc.. The recruiter basically told me to get contracted and then he'll talk specifics.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #7
Guru

State: AllGold is an Insurance Agent from Michigan
Originally Posted by heffhawk View Post
They continue to call me(pitch me) to get contracted, even though they won't tell me specific products, lead system, etc.. The recruiter basically told me to get contracted and then he'll talk specifics.
Haha, no red flag there.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Guru

State: arnguy is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
arnguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Now that I think of it, some years ago they were pitching their health insurance and, if I recall correctly, there was allegedly supposed to be some type of non-pofit organization behind it all. It was a Texas outfit. 'Nuff said.

Women should be obscene and not heard. Grouch Marx
Old 10-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #9

State: StevenRigg is an Insurance Agent from Washington
US Health Advisors started out as two companies. Mega Life underwrote policies for NASE (National Association of Self Employeds) and Mid-West Life who underwrote policies for Alliance for Affordable Services (also for Self-employeds). The biggest problem they have always had is in poorly trained agents who oversold policies they... the agents... didn't understand. The health plans they offered were limited benefit Indemnity plans. They do have an excellent compensation package. I worked with Mid-West in Washington state from 2001 to 2005. During that time I never had a customer complaint. My policy retention was over 90%. As long as you fit the client need to the plan benefits and don't promise things the policy won't deliver AND commit yourself to customer service satisfaction, you could do very well with these plans. Washington state felt that limited benefit plans were not suitable for clients. Other states disagree. Personally, while I prefer plans without internal limits, I also believe that some health insurance is better than none at all. Limited benefit plans tend to offer lower premiums which translates into more people who can afford to be covered. If you choose to contract with them, communicate often with the Home Office who will help you understand the limits of the plans. Many managers are good and do a good job of training. Others are interested only in sales numbers. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Expert

State: InsureMonkeyQA is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by heffhawk View Post
Thanks again for the input. I haven't sold much health insurance and this forum is a tremendous help. They continue to call me(pitch me) to get contracted, even though they won't tell me specific products, lead system, etc.. The recruiter basically told me to get contracted and then he'll talk specifics.
You'll get a lot of highly enthusiastic pitches. Step One: Be very skeptical, step two, run it by the BBB and search for the scam. Step three: repeat step one!
Reply to Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum