Ask Your Mom how Much Your Birth Cost

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Mine was total in today's dollars, even: $767 (no insurance involved)
Rural America, 1950's. Hospital, doctor, whole thing, including the old custom of 7 days in the hospital.

Look up the amount on one of those how much is _____ in today's dollars.

Once we made healthcare into a business with the push for ever increasing quarterly profits, we baked in the conflict. I am part of the business, and want to stay there. It will be a push pull for some time to come.

Mine was total in today's dollars, even: $767 (no insurance involved)
Rural America, 1950's. Hospital, doctor, whole thing, including the old custom of 7 days in the hospital.

Look up the amount on one of those how much is _____ in today's dollars.

Once we made healthcare into a business with the push for ever increasing quarterly profits, we baked in the conflict. I am part of the business, and want to stay there. It will be a push pull for some time to come.

I'm not asking that question I'm afraid she is still counting how much my birth cost her ;)

I figured yours might have been free.

My theory is that your parents heard a knock at the door and when they answered it, there you were. So your penchant for door knocking is a subliminal reenactment of parental example.

:D

I figured yours might have been free.

My theory is that your parents heard a knock at the door and when they answered it, there you were. So your penchant for door knocking is a subliminal reenactment of parental example.

:D

You're the same age as Rouse, so you were probably 2 chickens and a dozen eggs too.:twitchy:

So that's what happened to you...that explains a lot. :twitchy:

Yes, some days I feel like I've come off an orphan train.

There used to be a picture of me with one of my brothers in the family archives but it has disappeared.

Just left to wonder. Did he live a full life? Did he get shot by a hunter? Did he move to Canada?
:1baffled:

Do I have nieces and nephews making the news for scrounging in garbage cans?
:laugh:

Back