BCBS FL Plan 700 (What's the Catch?)

Puddleglum15

I knew the old Plan 570 was pretty bad. A hospital and Surgical plan with huge holes.

But the new Plan 700 seems very good, and agents are selling it like it's going out of style. But common sense says it can't be good for my client. $250 deductible Max OOP of 2500 and it's Several hundred less per month than anything else out there.

I don't care about minor things like doctor visits, but the old plan didn't cover ambulatory services (outpatient procedures) and I can't figure out if this does or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Escobar "Our boy who lives near Sawgrass" called bs...ahem...I mean bx....and they say $100 per app commish on Plan 700, doesn't matter how many members on the plan...

Word is they will pay higher commish on the more benefit rich (expensive) plans vs the dirt cheap plan 700....

I mean there's not much you can say, I sent you the email the other night with my thoughts on the holes, but what can you say?.........ran a quote today, broward county M 40....$130 for 250 deduct/2500 oop plan 700....or uhc copay select 10k 70/30 $115?

We got to get out of Florida!

Last edited:
So far we've figured it doesn't cover anything outpatient that's not a surgery or directly related to surgery. (over 75% of procedures are done outpatient).

At the bottom of their materials it does state a 24month pre-x clause as well.

So far we've figured it doesn't cover anything outpatient that's not a surgery or directly related to surgery. (over 75% of procedures are done outpatient).

Yes, correct.

But you've got to offer it first, because you know shared leads are getting called by bx, and many leads will not care about the holes, just the 250 deduct and cheap price.

Here's how to sell against a non; hillbilly / denial ridden / know it all whose "sister loves her bcfl plan..." type of individual.
Let them know that their Cat Scan or MRI or EKG,etc. will not be covered or even receive an in network discount if done in the hospital.
If that don't ring the bell ... sell them the piece of sh*t?
Dealing with another one of these Rhodes scholars this am.

Here's more -

Surgical Plus 700

Quest. – independent clinical lab – blood tests are free.

Independent diagnostic facility – 75 – xray – ultra sound.;

- advanced imaging service 150 co – pay - M.R.I., Cat Scan

Again, in hospital ... no coverage.

Last edited:
Here's how to sell against a non; hillbilly / denial ridden / know it all whose "sister loves her bcfl plan..." type of individual.
Let them know that their Cat Scan or MRI or EKG,etc. will not be covered or even receive an in network discount if done in the hospital.
If that don't ring the bell ... sell them the piece of sh*t?
Dealing with another one of these Rhodes scholars this am.

Here's more -

Surgical Plus 700

Quest. – independent clinical lab – blood tests are free.

Independent diagnostic facility – 75 – xray – ultra sound.;

- advanced imaging service 150 co – pay - M.R.I., Cat Scan

Again, in hospital ... no coverage.

Be careful when you put down the plan 700 to a prospect, they are getting called by captive bx reps, and are warning the prospect against any agent who talks bad about plan 700.

you don't want the prospect to think "oh this guy just wants to make more money, I'll tell him I have to think about it and call that bx fella".

Obviously this is not my stance with a client.
I just tell them the fact and they decide ... like Fox.

Last edited:
I like it when Megyn Kelly or the other blonde bombistas at FOX give me the facts and I decide. Better than O'Reilly giving me the facts. Yucky.

I like it when Megyn Kelly or the other blonde bombistas at FOX give me the facts and I decide. Better than O'Reilly giving me the facts. Yucky.

I agree. I don't know what they are talking about after 2 minutes, but I'm not tuning in for the news either..

Covers outpatient chemo and all Blue Cross individuals have a 24 month pre-x unless losing oc.

Back