Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum

Reply to BCBS of Kansas City     
Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Super Genius

State: MOHEALTH is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
BCBS of Kansas City BCBS of Kansas City
Anyone know of a good contract for BCBS of KC? I spoke the broker dept and they had me call Finacial Associates (GA) and they offer a 9% (insulting).
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to BCBS of Kansas City
Old 05-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Guru

State: TXINSURANCE is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
TXINSURANCE is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
BCBS of Kansas City Re: BCBS of Kansas City
If they will not let you write direct, I would walk away. 9% is indeed insulting because there are too many hands in the cookie jar.

Aetna just launched recently in Kansas and the rate comparison I ran looked promising. Commissions are also acceptable.

ObamaCare Live Transfers http://www.acacalls.com
Old 05-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Super Genius

State: MOHEALTH is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
BCBS of Kansas City Re: BCBS of Kansas City MOHEALTH is the thread starter for: BCBS of Kansas City

They said they do not accept direct appointments. Only GAs. Not getting my business I guess.

Kinda seems stupid to limit the ways you generate business though. Dont quite understand that.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
Guru

State: cadylou is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
I'm in KC and you do have to go through a GA or you can't sell BCBS here. No better comissions than that either. BCBS doesn't care - they go after the individual market directly anyway with heavy advertising - take a look at a val pak sometime - they always have inserts in all of the coupon mailings that go to homes. So, they don't see it as limiting their ability to do business. they simply don't have to pay any commissions on their direct efforts. I think you have to have it in your bag & be able to offer it, but I wouldn't worry much about the commissions - there are many more competitive products that will sell even when compared to theirs. You'll still make better commissions on those.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   How many stars are in USA flag? I agree to forum rules 

Old 06-08-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
Guru

State: retread is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
retread is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by MOHEALTH View Post
Anyone know of a good contract for BCBS of KC? I spoke the broker dept and they had me call Finacial Associates (GA) and they offer a 9% (insulting).
My GA pays 9% for BCBSKC, too. But if you think THAT's insulting, I have been told BCBSKS (Wichita) doesn't pay ANY commissions.

If I am wrong, here, I would really like to know.

Some guys were talking on the subject of boxers vs. briefs. I noticed that those who were wild and footloose liked boxers and those who were more uptight liked briefs. When they asked me, "Which do you like, boxers or briefs?" I said... "Depends."
Reply to BCBS of Kansas City 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum