BCBS open to FL Brokers need opinion

Lee-sure

Expert
Hi, I've been a Life/Health Agent in Fl over 10 Years & currently offer United, Humana, Aetna etc.. and my GA has offered BCBS w/ 10% Advance. The sign up fees are about $180 & E&O about $800 yr(I don't have e&o now). My question is to brokers who are now offering BCBS..Has it been a good experience? I've heard underwriting takes awhile & the application process is paper based. I'm so used to United fast email app & Just wondering if BCBS is worth it. Thanks from Ft Myers, Fl.

Hi, I've been a Life/Health Agent in Fl over 10 Years & currently offer United, Humana, Aetna etc.. and my GA has offered BCBS w/ 10% Advance. The sign up fees are about $180 & E&O about $800 yr(I don't have e&o now). My question is to brokers who are now offering BCBS..Has it been a good experience? I've heard underwriting takes awhile & the application process is paper based. I'm so used to United fast email app & Just wondering if BCBS is worth it. Thanks from Ft Myers, Fl.

The paper based app went out the window last summer, it's online now with you completing it. You can take app over phone and input the info and at time of eletronic signature give your cllient control of your computer to input their DOB and click I agree. Underwriting is still a long process and it's hard to get BC individual.

Doesn't your GA already have you under his E&O?
Yes I believe the fees come to $186.30 this appoints you with FCL, HOI and Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

I bet your GA didn't tell you though that you have to write Blue Cross first until they are decline and then you may try somewhere else. Of course if you know they will be declined with BC following their underwriting guidelines you may place it first with someone else. Weight, child under 1 year of age and a few other you couldn't even write with BC.

Hopes this help you.

Not to mention working under GA's that will "steal" half the commission that they do absolutely nothing to earn. BTW, he is screwing you at 10% unless he is giving you tons of free leads, office space, etc. YES, the BCBS underwriting process is still atrocius. My advice is to stay away from BCBS if you are doing well with the other carriers. They will drive you crazy!!!

Back