Best ACA Plan in North Georgia?

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
Have an agent that is looking to write folks in North Georgia and the Atlanta area. What would be the best plan for that region? Does Humana have a decent plan there? Thanks.

Good plan. Good luck getting a policy issued on a timely basis and getting paid ........

For the most part, I've had no problems getting Humana's policies issued quickly. Now getting paid is another story. Until you told me about the issue you were having I didn't know I was missing commissions on several cases. Looks like some of them will be deposited tomorrow. Seven months late is better than never, right?

I have not had problems getting policies issued until Obamacrack started. Now it is taking a month, sometimes longer, for 1/1 eff dates.

Commissions, same thing. No problem until Obamacrack, but that's all we have to sell now.

May 20, 2015 Humana says that it made some costly mistakes with its ACA plans in the state of Georgia. Will be making corrections to get things "turned around". Story: Obamacare Setback Has Humana Attempting a Georgia Turnaround - Bloomberg Business

They already had a significant rate increase from 2014 to 2015. I think mine went up 22%. Not sure I can stick with them if they do that again. Problem is the other plans are inferior to Humana on MOOP for Gold and Platinum plans.

When do we get to that part of the law where Obama said we'd save money?

They already had a significant rate increase from 2014 to 2015. I think mine went up 22%. Not sure I can stick with them if they do that again. Problem is the other plans are inferior to Humana on MOOP for Gold and Platinum plans.

When do we get to that part of the law where Obama said we'd save money?

CBO estimates that by 2022, the premium increases will stop. By 2023, after 53 years of increases, there should be a national 2% decrease!

CBO estimates that by 2022, the premium increases will stop. By 2023, after 53 years of increases, there should be a national 2% decrease!

Of course they have never been wrong.

(From the link)
Humana’s Georgia struggle shows the challenges health insurers face entering unfamiliar markets.

Georgia was not unfamiliar to them, but GI was.

Kind of.

They have been in the small group market for a while. IFP is similar but different. Still close enough they SHOULD have had a clue.

Of course they have never been wrong. (From the link) Georgia was not unfamiliar to them, but GI was. Kind of. They have been in the small group market for a while. IFP is similar but different. Still close enough they SHOULD have had a clue.

And their small group rates are more expensive than their individual plans on the cases I've run the last two years.

Back