Can my Staff Help on a Marketplace Plan?

akats10

I'm a licensed and certified broker on the FFM, and I do most of my sales over the phone. After I have sold the On-Exchange plan, can I then have my assistant finish walking the customer through the application?

They are licensed - but if they are able to even help on my behalf, must they also be certified?

How are you handling these long applications?

Per guidelines, including DOI's, they could only ask qualifying questions, no explanation of benefits, questions regarding benefits, or enrolling.

Thanks all, I appreciate your responses.

Kenny- Do you have a link where I could find that in a guideline? I am just having no luck finding the official answer.

Thanks all, I appreciate your responses.

Kenny- Do you have a link where I could find that in a guideline? I am just having no luck finding the official answer.

I would have to search though it is also against NAIC guidelines which would apply as well since licensing, sales of insurance, etc. are in play. See attached guideline which is from NAIC and governs insurance sales in all states. As the others have responded here, why risk it? CMS certification is easy and they would then be more knowledgeable as well!

Attachments

• What are producer activities vs clerical.pdf
    226.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks again- And you are right - Actually, I misunderstood what the previous poster meant, ha! I thought he or she meant, "why pass it off to someone else, it only takes a few hours to complete an app."-like as a joke.

Really what I want to know is if I work in an office with several other certified brokers, is there any specific issue that the FFM has with me handing the call off to my assistant (provided they are also licensed and certified) to help the customer complete the enrollment on my behalf.

I should have left the certified part out of my original question....

Last edited:
<SNIP>.

Really what I want to know is if I work in an office with several other certified brokers, is there any specific issue that the FFM has with me handing the call off to my assistant (provided they are also licensed and certified) to help the customer complete the enrollment on my behalf.

I should have left the certified part out of my original question....

what you describe is OK to do... though they should then be the AOR...

Back