Is this Commission from Humana Normal?

gavros777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm new to the health market and humana was one of my first companies to try for an appointment. The person i talked to on the phone told me the commission for individual health policies is 6% for the first year and 4% for renewals.

Is that normal?

yep... welcome to the world of no commission health insurance.. also, you will have several fees and taxes striped from the commissionable premium.... so its even less than 6%

Wow, thanks for the info, i'm in the insurance business for 4 years on the PC market but new to the health market. I always used to hear from health agents how big the commission of the first year is.

Is the obamacare responsible for this change?

I'm new to the health market and humana was one of my first companies to try for an appointment. The person i talked to on the phone told me the commission for individual health policies is 6% for the first year and 4% for renewals.

Is that normal?

Last year, we got 8%. This year it is 6%. However, while other are looking that the glass 1/2 empty...the policies are increasing by 13% this year. So, I figure, in the end with changes...I'll be making at least 6.5% on my renewal policies.

But, that is how I look at things. Others spread negativity.:twitchy:

Wow, thanks for the info, i'm in the insurance business for 4 years on the PC market but new to the health market. I always used to hear from health agents how big the commission of the first year is.

Is the obamacare responsible for this change?

Taterpeeler is in Texas. I can't speak for him. Texas is a whole, GREAT State on its own.

We are in Florida. Humana is different in Florida than Texas. I mean, you must sell plans according to client area even here. (A certain Humana plan in central florida is the not the same in South Florida).

I will tell you, that you need to find an FMO in your area, and get licensed quick with other carriers.

I wish you good luck, and from what I have seen so far this season, it is vicious out there competing with agents. Those who didn't jump in last year, are not jumping in this year.:biggrin:

I don't compete with other agents.

Renewals are based on original premium, not rate ups.

Agent section of carrier website shows all being cancelled 12/31/2014 and automatically started again on 1/1/2015.
HELLO FIRST YEAR COMMISSION!! NO?
:goofy:

Back