Dave Ramsey ELP Blows It

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I picked up a new client via AOR because a Ramsey ELP dropped the ball big time.

Long story short, client calls the ELP about health insurance. ELP offers Time HSA.

Client felt there were better deals and went looking. Found H1 online, applied and was approved last Friday.

He called the ELP at which point the ELP told him to call H1 and cancel that app then submit a new one thru the ELP.

Client calls H1 for clarification, then asks more detailed questions they could not answer and he was referred to me.

Client wants to have employer pay the premiums pre-tax. After questioning, I found out the employer does not have an HRA or 125 plan.

Client also wants to set up a list bill.

I didn't know what H1's policy was on list billing, but I was not aware of any carrier that will list bill one policy. I told the client I would check with H1 and get back.

Turns out H1 does list bill (in a manner of speaking) for 1 life and they sent me the forms.

In the interim this guy calls the ELP to get the WA number so he can make that guy his agent on the H1 policy.

Called the ELP 5x over the next 4 hours. ELP never returns the call.

At 2PM Friday the client calls me, gives me the saga, and asks if I would be his agent. I agreed and gave him my WA number for H1. I promised to call back once the AOR was approved by H1.

5 minutes later I get an email from H1, making me the AOR on his policy.

I called the client back, we had more conversation which went on for 30 minutes or so. I pointed out things he did not know about the H1 plan and things the ELP never bothered to explain.

Some ELP's, like some agents, take the time to help their clients while others are simply looking for a fast buck. All I can say is, if I were paying Dave Ramsey a grand+ a month for referrals I would at least bother to return a phone call so I could get paid.

ELPs don't have to be all that good. Once they get that Dave Ramsey stink on them, his brainwashed listeners will just blindly do what the ELP tells them to do.

Most of the DR fans I've dealt with don't really even believe that Dave is getting paid to "endorse" them.

I love the ELP program, once I know an ELP has talked to a client, all I have to mention is Saveright and the client goes "Yeah, That's what they recommended".

I cannot speak to all of the ELP's but the few that I have crossed paths with are just thinking about their bank accounts instead of a clients best interest.

I know some ELP's personally, including a few on this forum. Those that I know are pro's and I would not hesitate to recommend someone to them (since they are out of state).

I do know I "applied" to be an ELP a few years back and was rejected because I admitted to having sold . . . . PERMANENT LIFE INSURANCE.

I don't know this local guy and maybe he knows his stuff, or maybe not. I do know he blew it with this guy. Not a big sale, but he did miss out on about $800 in commission by the time it is all over.

I picked up a new client via AOR because a Ramsey ELP dropped the ball big time.

Long story short, client calls the ELP about health insurance. ELP offers Time HSA.

Client felt there were better deals and went looking. Found H1 online, applied and was approved last Friday.

He called the ELP at which point the ELP told him to call H1 and cancel that app then submit a new one thru the ELP.

Client calls H1 for clarification, then asks more detailed questions they could not answer and he was referred to me.

Client wants to have employer pay the premiums pre-tax. After questioning, I found out the employer does not have an HRA or 125 plan.

Client also wants to set up a list bill.

I didn't know what H1's policy was on list billing, but I was not aware of any carrier that will list bill one policy. I told the client I would check with H1 and get back.

Turns out H1 does list bill (in a manner of speaking) for 1 life and they sent me the forms.

In the interim this guy calls the ELP to get the WA number so he can make that guy his agent on the H1 policy.

Called the ELP 5x over the next 4 hours. ELP never returns the call.

At 2PM Friday the client calls me, gives me the saga, and asks if I would be his agent. I agreed and gave him my WA number for H1. I promised to call back once the AOR was approved by H1.

5 minutes later I get an email from H1, making me the AOR on his policy.

I called the client back, we had more conversation which went on for 30 minutes or so. I pointed out things he did not know about the H1 plan and things the ELP never bothered to explain.

Some ELP's, like some agents, take the time to help their clients while others are simply looking for a fast buck. All I can say is, if I were paying Dave Ramsey a grand+ a month for referrals I would at least bother to return a phone call so I could get paid.

----------------

Thought H1 had phased out the list billing ...
Thought I did their last guy on bus. checking / list bill.
Keep an eye on it. Their were problems with my deal with the E.F.T.'s and such. They "eventually" got it working but there was some frustration for the client at first ...

Back