Does GTL Pay It's Claims

kencan

Expert
A client had a hospital stay of 3-weeks last fall. She's 65 yrs-old. She had the hospital confinement policy. No waiting period.
She filed the claim in the 1st week of December. As of Jan 20th, she had yet to hear back on her claim. I called GTL . They said she needed to have the hospital send them a code as to what was performed. She called the hospital and the code was to be sent.
I followed up with GTL today re: the staus of the claim. GTL refused to devulge any information to me about the client. They told me I would have to get the client to sigh a hippa form before they could discuss this with me. Has anyone dealt with GTL before? I've been an insurance agent for 32 years. I've never been stonewalled like this. Is GTL a company that can be trusted to pay it's claims? Thank you.

I have my clients get a copy of the hospital itemized bill (the one the hospital sends to the insurance company). I then have my clients mail it to me. I file the claim for my clients. I fax it in, then mail in the hard copy. I follow up weekly on it.
I have done this for 7-8 clients. Every claim, except one, has been paid within a month from GTL.
You may need to annoy them, but don't stop. Start calling in daily if need be.
Most clients are very happy with GTL's service and speed, but you may need to pull the strings.

A client had a hospital stay of 3-weeks last fall. She's 65 yrs-old. She had the hospital confinement policy. No waiting period.
She filed the claim in the 1st week of December. As of Jan 20th, she had yet to hear back on her claim. I called GTL . They said she needed to have the hospital send them a code as to what was performed. She called the hospital and the code was to be sent.
I followed up with GTL today re: the staus of the claim. GTL refused to devulge any information to me about the client. They told me I would have to get the client to sigh a hippa form before they could discuss this with me. Has anyone dealt with GTL before? I've been an insurance agent for 32 years. I've never been stonewalled like this. Is GTL a company that can be trusted to pay it's claims? Thank you.

For the last 17 years of your 32 HIPAA has prevented disclosure of personal health information without consent of the patient/insured. It's not stonewalling; it's following federal law. A pain in the ass federal law, but easily resolved by getting the consent.

I'm familiar with HIPPA. GTL provided information to me re: this claim twice before when I spoke with them prior this last time. i simply asked if them if the claim had been paid yet. I will get the HIPPA in though. My experience has been that the HiPPA form is a part of the initial application process.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I have my clients get a copy of the hospital itemized bill (the one the hospital sends to the insurance company). I then have my clients mail it to me. I file the claim for my clients. I fax it in, then mail in the hard copy. I follow up weekly on it.
I have done this for 7-8 clients. Every claim, except one, has been paid within a month from GTL.
You may need to annoy them, but don't stop. Start calling in daily if need be.
Most clients are very happy with GTL's service and speed, but you may need to pull the strings."

Thanks tins

Last edited:
GTL has paid me commissions. But, I've discovered they've never given me issue statements or cards for the clients i've written. Doe's anyone else have this issue? Thx.

Back