Federal Financial Group LLC?

I was in Federal Financial for several months. At the beginning, I thought it was going to be a super company and that I had found the last company I would ever work in. You have to do an absolutely HUGE amount of wrote memorization. ALL of the conversations you will have are practiced scripts, and at the sales meetings, you drill on them and practice voice inflections and body language. In effect, you become a stage actor. If you can't memorize or don't do it very well, you'd better not pay the money.

The entire company is a cookie cutter approach. Everyone memorizes the same scripts. The appointments are in two stages, and the scripts are about 17 pages long EACH! And there are about two other pages of responses for calling the appointments.

The idea of FFG is that the company is being built to sell. To AVIVA or anyone else who is in the market. Their key feature is that they have about 9 calling centers in the US who set the appointments for you. You get your leads via email.

When you are finally enrolled, there are contests for rapid memorization of the scripts. Some people could do that in a week or so. If you do, you get bonus leads.

I was told by everyone that all I had to do was to provide 8-10 appointments to go on with my trainer, and memorize the script, and then I would get free appointments. I finally did all that, but in the process, I found that I am almost completely handicapped when it comes to memorization, and it took me about three months. When I finally completed the (for me) HUGE task of memorization, and had turned in my video and gotten it approved, I was told that "When it took so long, we do something else" and I was only given 18 appointments, some of which were bogus, and none of which resulted in a sale. So that was it. No more appointments. In the meantime, the company had passed a new rule that said that if you didn't sell anything for 90 days, you could no longer go to the training meetings! I had believed that the main focus was the script, not prospecting, and had only sold one policy at the beginning. I had thought that all would be well if I only fulfilled the requirements.

I think that FFG is a good idea. I think it is totally legitimate, although planning on AVIVA buying the concept is problematic and I hope the people there aren’t counting on it totally. Getting set appointments is a great way for people to assign the hassle of cold calling to professionals. In fact, hiring people to do that for you is a way to make big money in sales. The story I got was that the mechanized calling machine might dial 1200 numbers to get one appointment, so doing that kind of work and visiting people is quite a task. If I had known the real facts before I got in, I might not have tried. OR, memorized the script before paying the money. All in all, my lesson was to never work for intermediaries.

I worked with FFG with the ID independent division totally different world in there is no memorized script, no funky scratch card etc. My problem was I like the concept and am using it with my clients however the way the ID division trains you to illustrate IULs freaks me out, they go into the loan section and AVIVA defaults the loan rate to a rate higher than the current minimum loan rate they go in and keep changing the rate lower and lower until the software baulks 100% of premium illustrated in the highest performing index it all leads to one big overpromise of what the policy can do.

I worked with FFG with the ID independent division totally different world in there is no memorized script, no funky scratch card etc. My problem was I like the concept and am using it with my clients however the way the ID division trains you to illustrate IULs freaks me out, they go into the loan section and AVIVA defaults the loan rate to a rate higher than the current minimum loan rate they go in and keep changing the rate lower and lower until the software baulks 100% of premium illustrated in the highest performing index it all leads to one big overpromise of what the policy can do.

FFG's ID = SMM? I know they are at least sister companies, that use the same carriers (mainly aviva and allianz), and apparently some of the staffing as well.

Also, who thinks FFG will be bought up by Aviva, or that Aviva will be buying anything else for that matter?

When they courted me, they talked as if the deal was already inked up (and that they supposedly turned down a 2x company valuation by competitor Allianz - lol, saving out for the agents'/"stock-owners'" sake!).

Annnnddddddddddd now Aviva is on the outs...

unlimitedsigh said:
FFG's ID = SMM? I know they are at least sister companies, that use the same carriers (mainly aviva and allianz), and apparently some of the staffing as well.

Also, who thinks FFG will be bought up by Aviva, or that Aviva will be buying anything else for that matter?

When they courted me, they talked as if the deal was already inked up (and that they supposedly turned down a 2x company valuation by competitor Allianz - lol, saving out for the agents'/"stock-owners'" sake!).

Annnnddddddddddd now Aviva is on the outs...

Funny its the fact they spent as much time talking about the eventual sale as selling insurance that gave me my first bad vibes, the eventual illustrations being the second and final. I'm happy I learned a new idea and how to present it (not the presentation you guys did) and will design my policies more realistically it still is a great income when compared to the normal alternative.

You mean the "8%, but you could make 12%!" illustrations?

Yeah, I decided against working with them.

Never heard of their ID though; that is, unless, you are talking about SMM?

unlimitedsigh said:
You mean the "8%, but you could make 12%!" illustrations?

Yeah, I decided against working with them.

Never heard of their ID though; that is, unless, you are talking about SMM?

No they have an independent division for people with an established book of business. The ID division agents average 100k of commission in the first 30 days and I believe based on how they present it.

I have worked with FFG in Dallas for 18 months now. I have been in the industry since 1997 and this is one of the best opportunities I have found. They do exactly what they say they will do. The negative posts are from people that did not actually start their training program. The $287 is a fee that was returned to me after writing 30,000 points, average sale is about 4,000 points. One of my first sales was 25,000 points. What you need to understand is that you are in business for yourself and you have an opportunity to build your own company within the company. FFG is growing at an incredible rate and if you perform you will be given an opportunity to open a regional office. An average Regional Manager makes an income of $250,000 plus. The opportunity is real if you are willing to pay the price of success, it is not easy but nothing worthwhile doing is. The reason so many fail in this industry is lack of training and support. FFG does great is these areas. FFG has the best products from the best companies in the industry. Looking forward to starting my own region soon.

This approach to selling insurance has been around practically forever. And, to be honest, it's perfect for some peeps and poison for others. $287? Hell, I'll spend more than that this year on Christmas cards to clients.

Not everyone is cut out to be in sales although they think they are. You'll probably get around $1000 in practical, OTJ training and experience. And, yes, my moniker pops up on their robo call list from time to time. I'm polite, I tell them they're doing a good job and keep up the good work! But I'm way too busy to attend one of their meetings.

:1laugh:

BP8

Latest posts

Back