Golden Rule HSA100 or Humana TotalPlusHSA?

chp

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
SC
Which plan, Golden Rule HSA 100 or Humana Total Plus RX would you put YOUR family on, and why?

If the prices were the same, networks both the same, which company would you choose for your family?

What carrier do you personally have?

Trying to decide which one I will choose for myself and my family. We have Assurant now, but it is too $$.

Thanks,

chp

Humana.

H1 plans include annual wellness benefit, GR does not unless you pay extra then wait 12 months to use it.

Although not an HSA plan - There is a relatively new carrier in SC - that has excellent rates and has wellness with no waiting period. Nominal co-pays and all the normal bells and whistles. Uses PHCS.

Pretty strong plans in about 15 States.

Strong commissions as well.

Call me and let me run a comparison quote - or post family details here. If they can offer comparable benefits and great rates - I'll turn you onto the company.

Tom

Last edited:
Somarco,

Yea, I know the wellness issue, I guess I mean which company do you think is the strongest? If both plans were equal, same price, same benefits, who do you think is the best? Based on paying claims, rate increases, customer satisfaction, etc. I am fairly new to being a broker, and I sell both plans about 50/50 to clients. Just trying to pick one over the other based on the better company. The prices here are about the same..I am about to flip a coin, unless I can find out who you agents who have been in this business for a while think is the better "company."

Thanks,
chp

I know in my state Humana goes back 7 years on their underwriting.

Apply for both and see who give you the best rate after underwriting.

which company do you think is the strongest

Both have strong points. No real preference. I have a fair amount of business with both.

Personally, I would recommend either over Time.

If everyone is healthy, and the rates and networks are similar, I pick Humana.

Although not an HSA plan - There is a relatively new carrier in SC - that has excellent rates and has wellness with no waiting period. Nominal co-pays and all the normal bells and whistles. Uses PHCS.

Call me and let me run a comparison quote - or post family details here. If they can offer comparable benefits and great rates - I'll turn you onto the company.

Tom

What company are you talking about?

Tom

I can't wait to hear what company this is, lay it on us - I can't stand the suspense.

If everything was equal, which it never is. I would narrow my decision down by

1. AM Best and
2. State complaint ratio.

Both of which can be deceiving.

Back