Good International Healthcare Provider or Provider in Hawaii?

Bree

Hi all.

I am hoping someone can help me find a health insurance provider that offers international coverage, or coverage in the state of Hawaii.

Here’s my situation: I am an American living in Japan with a Japanese wife and child. We are planning to move to Hawaii in the near future and would like to get a health plan that will cover us primarily for when we’re in Hawaii but also when we come back to Japan. While an international plan that would cover hospital costs in both countries would be ideal, a good health plan for us while we’re in Hawaii would be great, too.

Does anyone have any experience with such providers and if so, could you give me your thoughts on them?

Thanks!

You need to look directly at hawaii as they do it differently than any other state, at least for now. The health insurance set up in the Islands is exclusive to the Islands. You could look at a lloyds company for coverage internationally, but I have to say right now at this momment things are changing. I just read a email where the Lloyds company I use, is dropping or suspending certain types of health coverages.

Good luck and I wish I had more clear information for you, but unfortunately, things are kinda scrambled right now.

I have a lot of experience with this. My wife was a Chinese national living in the U.S. We have had to insure visitors and even myself in China.

IMG is what I recommend. Solid highly rated company covers US residents abroad and foreigners in US.

Look at the bottom of this page on my site. Play with the quotes and options.

You can reach me via joe (at) txinsurance . com if I can't help you I will find someone who can.

TX Insurance

Once YOU are living in HI you will probably buy a Bcbs HI policy, I believe they dominate. Your foreign wife might have trouble getting on such plan you will have to review eligibility.

IMG is for US citizens abroad or foreigners in US. It is not a replacement for US insurance for those in US and can get a standard plan.

Back