How to Get Medical Insurance in Europe During Travel

cryoffalcon

Hi,

I am an Afghan and suffering from joints problem. I have visited south asian countries like India, Pakistan etc for my joints problem and still none of them were able to find out the reason behind my pain.

So, I am advised to visit European countries for medical assistance but as you know that it is very expensive to get cured in Europe or States if you are not covered by Medical Insurance.

Can someone please tell me how can I get myself an insurance plan so, that when I visit medical health centers in Europe then I am covered.

Many thanks.
Shah

Hi,

I am an Afghan and suffering from joints problem. I have visited south asian countries like India, Pakistan etc for my joints problem and still none of them were able to find out the reason behind my pain.

So, I am advised to visit European countries for medical assistance but as you know that it is very expensive to get cured in Europe or States if you are not covered by Medical Insurance.

Can someone please tell me how can I get myself an insurance plan so, that when I visit medical health centers in Europe then I am covered.

Many thanks.
Shah

You can try International Medical Group Travel Insurance, Travel Health Insurance, International Travel Insurance

Except those won't cover pre-existing conditions, at least not the plans sold in the US for travelers insurance.

Go to England. Good luck, I've had both ACLs repaired over the years. Someday I'll probably get a total replacement if we haven't figured out stem cell and nanotech soon.

Nanotech is going to be huge.

You can check with your current US insurer if they will cover/reimburse your invoices from Europe. BCBS was doing it.

You can check with your current US insurer if they will cover/reimburse your invoices from Europe. BCBS was doing it.

I have BCBS and they cover me in England for emergencies, not for routine maintenance or something scheduled. They'll reimburse if I get run over by a bus or have a heart attack.

I agree, but he probably can try with them in this specific case. If here doesn't exist efficient treatment, they might approve his idea to go in Europe.
BCBS will cover any unexpected health problem escalation as well. They also have international insurance, and it should be reviewed as well.

I agree, but he probably can try with them in this specific case. If here doesn't exist efficient treatment, they might approve his idea to go in Europe.
BCBS will cover any unexpected health problem escalation as well. They also have international insurance, and it should be reviewed as well.

Sounds to me like he lives in Afghanistan.

Back