HUMANA - Your Preferred Method of Application Submission?

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Question for Humana Agents:

Tomorrow, I'm writing my first Humana Individual Major Medical application. The Agent's Guide shows 4 methods for getting the application to Humana...

1. Mail or Fax in the paper application.
2. Complete the application inside the secure agent's area of the Humana website and then e-mail it to the client for an electronic signature.
3. Send the client a link so they can complete the application online.
4. Have the client call Humana, give your Rep ID, and the company will take the application over the phone.

Which of these four methods do you use/prefer for getting a Humana application completed and in the system??

Because this is a trusted, long-term health client, I'm tempted to pretend like I'm them and do it all myself online, but Humana says that they log the I.P. Address and will reject the application if the Agent signs for the client.

My colleagues, thanks in advance for your feedback, or any other helpful Humana suggestions for this Humana newbie.

-Allen in Chicagoland

Question for Humana Agents:

Tomorrow, I'm writing my first Humana Individual Major Medical application. The Agent's Guide shows 4 methods for getting the application to Humana...

1. Mail or Fax in the paper application.
2. Complete the application inside the secure agent's area of the Humana website and then e-mail it to the client for an electronic signature.
3. Send the client a link so they can complete the application online.
4. Have the client call Humana, give your Rep ID, and the company will take the application over the phone.

Which of these four methods do you use/prefer for getting a Humana application completed and in the system??

Because this is a trusted, long-term health client, I'm tempted to pretend like I'm them and do it all myself online, but Humana says that they log the I.P. Address and will reject the application if the Agent signs for the client.

My colleagues, thanks in advance for your feedback, or any other helpful Humana suggestions for this Humana newbie.

-Allen in Chicagoland

#4 by far. They even cross sell the accident and dental for you (if you forget, or exhausted by end of sales discussion). Prep your client, explain they will be handed off to an UW right away, have meds, doc info, payment info handy. The hardest part is after approval, when the client has to electronically sign the documents via an email. Lots of clients, and myself, get frustrated with this portion. Tell them they have to "open" up about 5 disclaimer docs, then sign, then submit. 80% of my clients get approved within minutes of completing the phone app. Plus, think of the lack of liability if all is being recorded and asked by humana.

AWESOME! Thanks for the QUICK replies everyone. I'll be sure to print out the page from the Humana agent's guide that lists what the client should have available and give it to the client at the point-of-sale.

Do most of the applicants call into Humana pretty quickly, or do you sometimes need to contact them after a day or two to "nudge" them into making the call?

I worked with another company (IHC Health Solutions) that had a program similar to this for a about a year. The only difference is that the COMPANY called the prospect and initiated the application. That was NEAT! I think the program was abandoned because there were no signatures. Seems like Humana has avoided this pitfall, even though as YAgents states, getting the signatures is a pain.

Since I visit with prospects personally (for the cross-sales opportunities), I wonder if there's a way to have them sign the disclaimers/authorizations, etc.. in advance? I can fax them to Humana after approval. Hmmm.. that a question for Humana Support tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the QUICK feedback ya'll!

-Allen

Just my opinion but I have never done anything other than the link. Works most of the time with many instant approvals.

CFO, Maybe if you try the phone method, you might like that better?

Personally, I would LOVE to have instant approval for the couple that I'm seeing tomorrow, but they're both age 62 with Hypertension/Cholesterol. But I am looking forward to the day when an "instant" approval does happen. I've never experienced anything like that before!
-AC

I commend you allen for writing humana other than some tricked up yoyo plan... good job... now other things to know

i do the phone app... easypezy... they will, i repete they will "high pressure" your client on add ons and u know my thoughts on the worthless add ons... it will piss off your client so warn them.... also, they will try and piovit to the credit card billing as it is eaiser... there is a 10 fee and getting them off the cc requires an act of congress... tell them i want bank draft and here are my numbers

also, all members over 18 must listen to a 3 munite recording about hippa

CFO, Maybe if you try the phone method, you might like that better?

Personally, I would LOVE to have instant approval for the couple that I'm seeing tomorrow, but they're both age 62 with Hypertension/Cholesterol. But I am looking forward to the day when an "instant" approval does happen. I've never experienced anything like that before!
-AC

Just so you know, if either of them are overweight or smoke they will be auto-declined.

Allen...I only write ST Humana plans so that's why many are instantly approved.

And I don't make phone calls unless they call first so the phone option is out.

It's definitely a mess. LaRussa is apt to try anything including bringing in the catcher to close games! One thing is certain...Franklin will not be closing games for a while!

Latest posts

Back